Avalon Airshow

Hi all

I just downloaded and installed the Avalon Airshow from the free downloads section. I don't have any FTX payware scenery installed, only freeware. I just flew from Melbourne Int'l to Avalon and... nothing! No tents, no static aircraft, no people, no tower - no nothing! What's going on? Why am I seeing only the stock-standard Avalon? Please help!

Regards,

Matthew

Guest volcom1720

Yes that is correct you must buy Avalon Airport YMAV from Orbx. But mate, the products Orbx release isn't too much, and, they change your flying experience FOREVER. You HAVE TO buy one airport or I recommend the FTX AU REGIONS. Maybe buy the FTX AUSTRALIA AVALON AIRSHOW EDITION    DVD which comes with all four FTX REGIONS and a bonus of Avalon Airport which means then airshow edition will work!   Limited now, so quickly get over to flight sim store and buy it!

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! FTX AU regions improve the FPS if your worried about them  ;)

So mate, your choice though  ;)

Happy simming!  ;D

~Volcom

EDIT: PS: if you want people at it, you'll need Acceleration. But remember to buy YMAV first  ;)

Guest mitch

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! FTX AU regions improve the FPS if your worried about them  ;)

Really? Frames is the ONLY reason i haven't purchased any of ORBXs products...

Daryl

you must mean payware airports because on my 3 year old machine ftx regions don't effect frames

Guest volcom1720

Really? Frames is the ONLY reason i haven't purchased any of ORBXs products...

Daryl

you must mean payware airports because on my 3 year old machine ftx regions don't effect frames

Frames are better with FTX AU REGIONS, but, try out AU BLUE DEMO as Meatycus just suggested  ;)

Hi guys,

I downloaded the AU blue demo (well tried), it had an eta of about an hour and half, but after a couple of minutes it was finished. I went to open the file and i get an error. When i highlight the file it says it is 8MB...

The error says... Unexpected end of archive.

Any help?

Daryl

Try it again Dazza, I have just updated the website with a new V1.1 of the demo, perhaps you were in between file versions? The demo weighs in at 237MB. We always recommend that for large download you use a tool like GetRight (http://getright.com/get.html)

I was also very curious to understand your comments about not purchasing any of Orbx's products based on FPS reports. Performance of FSX on any PC is very subjective and depends on many factors, particularly if a PC is underpowered. I am sure you will find the FTX AU BLUE demo runs just as well as regular vanilla FSX does, if you follow the tips in the user guide included in the demo.

Archived