NSTU - Tau Island "FAQ" Elevation Problem

Wolf2grey

Hey Guys,

Creekdog and I were flying all the airports in NSTU Pago Pago this evening and ran across one that had a major elevation problem. FAQ(Fau Island). I closed the game and opened VECTOR Configurator and Disable FAQ and then the airport looked right. Is this needed for this airport of is something amiss in my install?

Hi Wolf,

Just run the Auto AEC tool (or disable the offender as you have done) as per their instructions http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75538-airport-elevation-fixes-and-using-aec-read-this-first/, whenever you install any addon airport scenery that has elevation adjustments.

FTX Vector is not required for the Samoan Experience and apart from this one clash at FAQ Fitiuta, have no other effect on each other

Nothing wrong with your install, all good!

Awesome....Yeah didn't run the VECTOR tool after install. All good though. AND AMAZING......You guys have outdone yourself on this one. Keep these coming. They are awesome.

Mark it solved......Looking great now......

NSTU displays without any problems on my machine.
But I have another question for Tau Island:

My favorite VFR-mapsourde skyvector.com shows another airfield on Tau Island: Tay Village (HI36)

But flying around Tau Island I could not find the airstrip. Looking the satpics of g****map there is no airfield at all ???

Is this a bug on skyvector.com, or could be HI36 a part of the road?

Samoa is absolut amazing, many many thanks to the team!!!

Hi Gunnar,

HI36 was once a very small private grass/dirt runway of a couple hundred meters, but today it no longer exists, and it also is not visible in the current imagery, so we rendered it invisible, however it will of course be visible in the GPS still due to the database of the simulator

On the flip side we gain Maota and Asau airports which previously did not exist in FSX :)

Another airport also once existed in American Samoa: the 6000ft bomber strip from WWII which can still be seen (just) in the village of Leone, built in 1943, the airfield was abandoned in 1945 due to turbulent air currents and lack of use. Only two aircraft were recorded to have landed and taken off from the airfield

Archived