Pago Pago - Streets and Some Creeks Display - Is this Intended?

fltsimguy

I have been enjoying some quick flights around this wonderful scenery.

After a while I noticed a few things that I wonder if they are intended or there is something wrong with my setup.

Example, the grey roads overlay in this screenshot, they appear to be something out of UTX and also some creeks on the hillsides appear to also be textures from UTX.  Is this the intended display? Or have I got some sort of issue?

-2015-jun-7-005.md.jpg

cheers

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Nothing wrong there, that is Vector and landclass based scenery, much like a regionpack (but not as refined) it is created using the default FSX landclass table and makes use of whatever textures you may (or may not) have installed, including the streams

Everything in Western Samoa was drawn by hand myself (its a bonus really, Western Samoa was originally intended to be a separate product)

Thanks Bryan,

The difficulties we face regarding decent imagery and its availability and affordability outside of the heavily populated areas of NA and EU is an ongoing problem, American Samoa has quite the lions share of the resources and data, whereas for Western Samoa its a completely different story entirely.

This (W-sam) was a bit of test of whats possible if you apply some creative thinking, in other words if people enjoy a bit of mix n match to produce an overall 'area' to experience then we can make this work all around the world, rather than staying within the safe confines of mainland Europe and America (even though American Samoa is a part of the United States)

This makes places like Vanutu, French Polynesia and Fiji even more possible to cover, and my heart really is in the Pacific/and the tropics in general..

I am with you Bryan. I love my SAK or PNW but, at the end of the day, there's nothing I like better than island hopping in the South. And the Samoas scenery fits perfectly here ! I only did a couple of flights yesterday but it looks real nice ! Flying from NSTU to NSFA at FL180 and seeing Upolu emerging from the haze... That OrbX had never made Hawaii as a fat region is a total mystery for me.

Well Hawaii has been done to death by so many payware and freeware outfits.

For Hawaii, I have FS Dreamteam Hawaiian airports which is a perfect mix with Orbx Global. I also have a set of high rez photo scenery files for Hawaii as well to switch between if I prefer.

But, with this Samoa scenery it opens the door to consider something for Hawaiian chain.

Archived