Airport MT42 - Limited brake friction

jer029

A strange thing here.  All of my aircraft have very limited braking friction at this airstrip when orbx scenery is activated.  This causes me to roll right into the pond.  Default scenery braking works normally here.  Other Orbx airports seem to work fine.

What might be causing this and what might I try to fix it (other than to land only helicopters here).

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

that's an unfortunate quirk of FSX itself. A couple of the default landclass types, primarily those associated with snow or ice, reduce brake effectiveness of the user aircraft in a way that cannot be changed. For the FTX regions we always try to maximize the variety of custom landclass textures and those sometimes re-purpose those textures to portray something else; in this case the default "rock ice" class was re-purposed to "irrigated fields". We actually try to avoid placing these classes in the vicinity of airports but it looks like MT42 slipped through cross-checking.

I've made a note to look into this for the next CRM service pack but it depends on whether we have a suitable alternate class available for that area.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the quick response Holger.  Just wanted to be sure it wasn't something that I needed to address.  MT42 is obviously not one of my primary stops (was just picked randomly during a group flight hoplist).

John

Archived