Above the clouds

John York

Its not often I fly this high but I was trying out the IFR in the new 'plane.  Works a treat by the way.  Here're a few pics I though you might enjoy;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This last one is just to prove to Divad that peg-leg Pete is on duty again and he drugs smugglers are making a deal ;D

Posted Image

My alterations to reduce the sound worked well too.  It's quite tolerable now although I don't think Real Air were too impressed after I told them

what I was doing.  It really was too loud in my little room and interfered with my wife watching tele in the lounge so something had to be done.  The beauty of my

alteration is that it applies to this airplane only and leaves all the others as they were, so there's no need for continual changing when flying different aircraft.

John

Thank you ImageShack

Thanks fellers.

Hi Tristan

I'm glad you got the Duke.  I agree, it really is one of the best.  So much better than the default and that's not really so bad.  Real Air only have a few, but when they do launch a product it's always brilliant.

Have fun mate.

John

So, if you've any tedious but repeated superlatives left over from your replies to other submissions chaps, just add them to mine when I post them please. ;D

John

Nice shots, mate.

.... ;D

No, they really are nice  ;D Makes a change to see things from a bit higher up, and I want that Duke so bad... if only CS hadn't suckered me into buying their 757 in the last sale, and the Duke had come out 2 days earlier, I'd have that Duke. What the hell am I going to do with a frame-hog 757?? Thinking of removing the virtual cockpit altogether (crashes my sim), turning off autogen and tooling around in it seat of pants style...

Hi Krigl

You surprised me about the 757.  I'd have thought it would be less frame hungry than piston engine aircraft.  But then, what do I know?  The only jet I ever fly is the default Learjet.  The one without the glass cockpit.  That's frame hungry too.  I've got a Premair one and it would be great except that you can hardly read the instrument panel because the textures are so furry, so I'm back to the default.  I only fly it when I have a really long way to go between airports, like sometimes in America.

I don't much like doing that though because I find high and fast boring.  I didn't buy all that scenery to go across it above the clouds and when there's a break in them to have a couple of seconds to look before its all covered up again!

So, it's low and slow for me.  I'm sure I'm missing something but don't tell me what it is, there's a good chap. ;D

John

The 757 has a very 'heavy' VC with all kinds of stuff in it like a weather radar etc, at least I think so, I haven't got the VC to load yet, the sim just crashes  ;D

I know what you mean about low and slow being the best, especially with FTX, expecially for screenshot addicts...I don't know how to fly tubes properly and I think pretending to fly long haul must be deadly dull...so I don't think you're missing much.... though some people seem to love it. For me big tubes are just nice for making screenshots sometimes.

I don't have them but if your looking for a decent light jet for the occasional longer flight PAD have a Falcon X out which might be alright:

http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?type=item&ID=60&page=38

but what I want for Xmas maybe is the Flight1 Mustang which looks a very nice light personal bizjet, it'll set you back a bit though.

Cheers

Krigl

Archived