Don't Want To Use EU LC But...

I have de-activated 'every' ORBX LC entry in my scenery library so i assume LC is doing nothing is that correct?

What happens to 'All' the new textures LC installer installed - Do they still display with Global when LC is NOT active in the library?

Thanks

Andrew

EDIT - If I re-install (over the top of existing) global v1.3 will the textures LC put in be overwritten?

Hi Andrew,

the ten openLC Europe entries contain both the landclass placement files and their custom textures. Thus, deactivating them in the scenery library menu is equivalent to uninstalling openLC EU and you revert to the Global Base texture set in \Scenery\World\texture, which uses the global default landclass file plus some local landclass fixes contained in "ORBX!OPENLC_BASE" and "ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1".

Re-installing Global Base won't affect openLC EU custom textures because they are not in the same folders.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Andrew,

the ten openLC Europe entries contain both the landclass placement files and their custom textures. Thus, deactivating them in the scenery library menu is equivalent to uninstalling openLC EU and you revert to the Global Base texture set in \Scenery\World\texture, which uses the global default landclass file plus some local landclass fixes contained in "ORBX!OPENLC_BASE" and "ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1".

Re-installing Global Base won't affect openLC EU custom textures because they are not in the same folders.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger.

I don't exactly no what, but 'something' is causing a problem in my sim since I did the following:

Installed global v1.3 (wasv1.2) installed with triple installer OVER the top of 1.2

Installed LC EU

Installed New Library's with FTX C2

Installed HD Trees.

Library's again

All the above was done at once and in that order and since I am getting bad stutters - I can't get to the bottom of it?

I have unchecked and applied group to get rid of trees, I have deactivated all LC and LIBS - the only two things are now v1.3 global and FTC2

Do you have any suggestions?

Archived