Problems with EU Norway, and some questions

Mik75

Hi there!
Since I love flying in Scandinavia, I bought FTX EU Norway during the attractive sale.
The following add ons are currently installed/active in this area:
FTX Global Base
FTX Global Vector
FS Global 2010
FTX Open LC Europe
FTX EU Norway

FTX Trees HD
Several Aerosoft airports (Oslo, Trondheim, Stavanger, Bergen, Trømsø)

On my first flight after the fresh install (and update) of EU Norway, I got strange things happening, like no water textures showing, strangely shaped water bodies, very few roads. I deactivated and reactivated EU Norway in the FTX Central and reloaded FSX. This time, it looked much better, water and roads were back again and I could see a lot of additional textures. But now, the airport scenery (ENVA, Aerosoft) was a complete mess. Default runway was shining through, the apron didn't fit with the buildings, etc.
I also noticed, that when I activate the EU scenery in FTX central, in FTX Central 2 the Global scenery is still active and vice versa.
And, after de- and reactivating EU Norway through the Central, the corresponding entries of the scenery were put on to the very top of my FSX scenery library.
I thought the correct order would be: (from bottom to top)
FS Global Mesh
FTX Global
FTX Global Vector
FTX Open LC EU
FTX regions (EU England, Wales, Scotland, Norway)
Airport scenery (ENVA, ENGM, ENBR, etc.)

Thanks in advance for your help and clarification!

First of all I guess the payware Norwegina sceneries are from A......... they are known to have a lot of bugs and faults. Number two I have ALL my add-on airports placed ABOVE ORBX products and have no problems. Try that. Three, install the free Norwegian products Aon; Norway GA (uninstall the others) they are way superior to the payware. ENTO Torp is the only payware I use. I have tested all other Norwegian payware airports and they do NOT work as expected.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

First of all I guess the payware Norwegina sceneries are from A......... they are known to have a lot of bugs and faults. Number two I have ALL my add-on airports placed ABOVE ORBX products and have no problems. Try that. Three, install the free Norwegian products Aon; Norway GA (uninstall the others) they are way superior to the payware. ENTO Torp is the only payware I use. I have tested all other Norwegian payware airports and they do NOT work as expected.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Thanks for the fast answer!

The Aerosoft airports didn´t cause any problems with FTX Global and Vector...

Is the order for the scenery add ons I posted above correct?

And, why do I have 2 FTX Centrals, and why are the settings I do in either one not present in the other one?

The ORBX installers will place ORBX add-ons in the right order so don´t worry. Depending on what add-ons you install they can put different centrals on your desktop. I have just deleted my FTX "old" Central and just kept Central 2. I recommend you to do the same not to get confused.

NB! I´m just a normal ORBX user NOT in any way connected to the ORBX staff.     

Jack

the Swede in Spain

The ORBX installers will place ORBX add-ons in the right order so don´t worry. Depending on what add-ons you install they can put different centrals on your desktop. I have just deleted my FTX "old" Central and just kept Central 2. I recommend you to do the same not to get confused.

NB! I´m just a normal ORBX user NOT in any way connected to the ORBX staff.     

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I know that you´re "just a customer", thanks for your help and opinion anyways! 

The installer of EU Norway just put the entries of the Norway scenery on top of everything else. 

And, isn´t it strange that changes made in the old FTX Central aren´t made (or at least don´t show up) in the FTX Central 2?

Maybe someone of the staff can give me some advice on that. 

Thanks again for your help, I´ll definitely have a look at the freeware offerings for Scandinavia!

Hi Mik75,

Please only use FTX  Central 2: delete the old shortcut on your desktop.

In FTX Central 2 reset the "insertion point" and set it for "FTX" and save your changes.

This should make a difference, try it.

Cheers,

Hi Mik75,

Please only use FTX  Central 2: delete the old shortcut on your desktop.

In FTX Central 2 reset the "insertion point" and set it for "FTX" and save your changes.

This should make a difference, try it.

Cheers,

Thank you! 

I´ll give this a try later today, and I´ll report back here with the result!

Ok, that did the trick! Although I had to manually position EU Norway underneath my airport scenery, using the FTX Central 2.

But finally, EU Norway shows up in all its beauty!

I also deleted the old Central and created a shortcut on my desktop for the new one. But that shortcut always disappears, as soon as I close the FTX Central 2.

Ok, that did the trick! Although I had to manually position EU Norway underneath my airport scenery, using the FTX Central 2.

But finally, EU Norway shows up in all its beauty!

I also deleted the old Central and created a shortcut on my desktop for the new one. But that shortcut always disappears, as soon as I close the FTX Central 2.

Hi Mik75,

There is no reason to disappear ... Computers! LoL

Anyway, this is the place where FTX Central 2 is located: C: \ Users \ Y O U \ AppData \ Local \ Orbx \ FTXCentral \ FTXCentral.exe

Create shortcut and in shortcut "properties" change the icon (it will show up) and apply (If it is already visible, no need to change).

Just simulate this procedure on my desktop and everything works right!

Cheers,

Hi Mik75,

There is no reason to disappear ... Computers! LoL

Anyway, this is the place where FTX Central 2 is located: C: \ Users \ Y O U \ AppData \ Local \ Orbx \ FTXCentral \ FTXCentral.exe

Create shortcut and in shortcut "properties" change the icon (it will show up) and apply (If it is already visible, no need to change).

Just simulate this procedure on my desktop and everything works right!

Cheers,

Cool, I'll give that a try! Thanks a lot!

Archived