Vision of future navy ships (AI-Shiptraffic FSX and P3D)

Fischkopp

During my vacation I have now completed my two "secret-ships". They are a vision (design study) for future multifunctional ships for the Navy.

The AI-models for FSX and P3D are currently in beta and (if no errors occur) in the next few days on my website available for free download.

As a taster here's a video - of course in HD cool.png

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw0RBXgsYpE

Here you can download a PDF with the design backgrounds (unfortunately, so far only in German language)

Hi Manfred

Fantastic models!

My only concern is that the bright red and green lights facing the helicoptor deck on the Viper may contravene the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972.

Let's assume they are only used during landing procedures!!

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

You could well be right that the two position lamps contradict the Regulation.
It is also no problem to remove them.

There is also another question.

The ship has a trimaran hull.

As you can see on the video of the USS Independence, throw those hulls not bow waves.

But in a flight simulator, they look very good.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpUfZvzH2Xc

The question now is, the bow waves are gone, or should they stay?

This question I would like to let the community decide.

Therefore, the question here:

away

or remain

Gidday Manfred

Just been watching the video on USS Independence and noted that once she starts pitching in any kind of a sea there is indeed a bow wave so I would leave them in!!

On the subject of landing deck lights there are a few ex navy characters on these forums who I'm sure could throw some light on the subject for us ( pardon the pun).

Best wishes

Alan

Manfred, this is very interesting, I like it!  Thansk for sharing.

Did you do any animated parts/features for this AI model?  I ask because I am trying to learn that aspect right now.

Hi Alan,

meanwhile I changed the position lights into to spotlights for the helicopter deck and scaled the bow sprays a bit down like you can see in the following pictures. I think now it looks quite realistic.

viper-spotlights-helideck.jpg

viper-small-bow-spray.jpg

Hi Ripcord

The only animation in these models are the three flashing lights (installed with ModelConverterX) and the wave animations (fx-files).

I have built the models in Sketchup. But Sektchup has no game engine. Motion animations as radar antennas or similar, you would have to install in Gmax, Blender or other programs. But I do not work with Gmax.

Archived