Trojan - ftxlights_day.exe

I bought global ftx and soon after installing it , Norton AntiVirus warned that ftxlights_day.exe file is infected by trojan ( trojan.gen.smh ).

Does anyone have the same problem ? is this a false positive ? is this file safe or malicious? there is no clean option or something..just delete.

thank you

For some reason, I have also found that Nortons does this quite a bit with a few of the more recent Orbx Programs. But worse Nortons then deletes the download. So as I have never had a problem with an Orbx product, I just ask Nortons to ignore it.

Maybe some one out there knows why Nortons does it, and may even have an answer that they could share with us. (without canning or suggesting we change Virus programs).

False positive for sure.

Norton maintains a list of all "safe" programs. If you're not on the list, it's flagged as a virus.

The problem lies with getting on that list... I don't know the specifics, but I believe a software developer submits the request to Symantec, then they (eventually) put it on the list... but the speed at which this happens seems to be based on some strange priorities.

Sad to say, that despite best efforts, Orbx programs are still not white-listed... no idea when, or even if they'll even get round to it.

In othe words, expect this to be a continuing issue until Symantec acknowledges the requests.

The same thing happened today while I was installing the new payware file W28.  it did not just warn me it took away the file "ftxlights_day.exe" saying thiis file is infected by trojan

( trojan.gen.smh ).

I dont believe this hurt this particular download but I am worried that norton my decide to take a necessary file at some point.

Any suggestions how to avoid this potential problem with norton?

Spinker

My guess is that not enough people have downloaded and told Norton that it is ok. You can tell it to put it back where if found it from the quarantine and it will be flaged as ok eventually.

Dave

Archived