Failure with Orbx Olympus Peninsula Demo

mga010

I know it is not easy to make scenery for the good old FSX. But your Olympus Peninsula Demo has completely failed here.

After installation, the FSX central is started and fails with an error message "Duplicate Landclass 14, Aborting", probably due to the fact that I have Global Vector, Global Base and Europe OpenLC installed. And indeed, it aborts. I then decided to uninstall this product. I did not start the simulator.

Your uninstaller opens a CMD window which flashes an error message (something not found) before it closes. The runway in KUIL is then covered with trees. I then looked at the scenery library and it still contained two of your sceneries at the top. I removed both and restarted the simulator. The trees are still there.

FTX central is working again, but surprisingly I have two entries "FTX Global" now and one "FTX North America". The green check was at "FSX Default". I am currently experimenting with enabling any of the two "FTX Global". But in both cases, lake Bodensee is now covered with trees.

In short, the demo made a mass out of my FSX installation, and I will have delete everything and re-install FSX.

Thank you,

R. Grothmann

Att he end of any ORBX scenery install it's a good idea to run the latest ORBX Libs install, even if you only did it yesterday.  There are routines built into it to fix errors such as you've reported.  If that doesn't work please let us know.

Archived