And there was a mighty flood upon the face of the Earth...

Good Morning.

I am experiencing a large amount water appearing in random places in of in rural parts of the FTX EU regions England, Wales and Scotland. The issue appears to be ground morphing.

No such corruption appears in FTX Global or the Pacific North West demo. Neither has it yet occurred in South East England.

On one occasion I could identify some patches of dry land in an apparently flooded as being the southern end of Novaya Zemlya in the Arctic ocean, complete with snow on high ground.

I have firstly upgraded to the latest libraries and have installed any missing patches to the England, Scotland and Wales regions.

After that, I refreshed the terrain.cfg file as set out by Holger Sandmann.

The problem nonetheless persists. I wonder whether I should unistall the three European regions and install them again.

Other material facts:

Amd AthlonX4 850K quad core 3.7 Ghz.

8 GB Ram.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 graphics card.

Windows 7 64 bit.

The software intalled in this order:

FSX Gold Edition.

FTX Global (Iceland Demo).

FTX England, Scotland and Wales.

FTX Global (Base, Vector, Open Landclass Europe).

EU England, Scotland and Wales service packs.

Orbx Libraries

FXT Pacific North West demo.

Regards.

Pontius.

Thanks Holger.

It crossed my mind that this may have been a conflict with FTX Global and when I looked at my scenery library it was a right mess.

I've re arranged my scenery but unfortunately to no avail.

This afternoon, I intend to upgrade FSX to the Steam Edition. When I do, I will install the scenery starting with FTX Global and ending with the libraries. I'll let you know how I get on.

Pontius.

Hi Pontius,

When you upgrade to FSX:SE, make sure you remove all traces of the boxed FSX, including registry, before you install any Orbx products.  They can only work with one installed version of FSX, and such remnants may cause confusion to the installers.  Try searching the FSX:SE thread for details.

Archived