Palm Springs Airport

Louis

Any one here from Palm? i was there a month ago and really liked it there and for sure will be going back. Stayed in my friends motor home in Dessert Hot Springs. I bought the airport scenery  and is real good .  I have the airport - Global and Vector till SOUTH CAL comes out . In the meantime for those of you who are familiar with the area to fly around locally is it pretty accurate? Cause i flew around North Cal with a few guys on Digital Them Park and they were saying the scenery was very accurate and impressive . Louis Massicotte

Years ago...many,many years ago...when I was a young Marine I was stationed at Twentynine Palms.  Palm Springs was a popular weekend liberty destination.

I cannot speak the growth over the past 60 years but the terrain between Twentynine Palms and Palm Springs is dead on as is Joshua Tree National Park.

Noel

I live near by about 75 miles away, near Temecula and have done the palm spring century a few times over the years. Also have done a few mini vacations there. Gets pretty hot and dry out there.

Ya sure like it ---was wondering if i flew around there just local VFR as we used to call it if it was good without the release of Southern Cal when i get comes out ,but sounds like it is real good as is is what i wanted to know --- Thanks a bunch 

Louis,

Jarrad has included quite a large area around KPSP to keep you interested and wanting to come back for more. In my opinion this is one of the best areas to fly at dusk and dawn as the vista is spectacular. You will not be disappointed. When FTX SCA is released, rest assured it will blend quite nicely.

Cheers,

Todd

Archived