Bridge rendering problem near Kenai Munic (PAEN)

Rhett

Hi there,

While flying with FTX NA region active (all regions are installed - including SAK), I see strange that there is a problem with the correct rendering / depiction of some road bridges over rivers in the area near to PAEN (Kenai munic). See the photos below. When approaching the area from a distance, the bridges appear to have very long legs and thus appear to be sticking way up out of the ground. There at least three of them in the area (maybe more). When flying closer and over them, they render correctly (i.e. self correct) - without the long legs.

I have not seen this anywhere else.

I have FTX Global (OpenLC and Vector) and Pilots FS Global 2010 mesh all installed. 

1st picture shows three bridges in the area showing the problem. 2nd picture shows one of the bridges from a distance. 3rd picture shows the same bridge (nearest to Kenai) zoomed in. 4th picture shows the same bridge self corrected when flying nearer / over it.

KenaiMunicAreaBridgeRenderingProblem.jpg

KenaiMunicAreaBridgeRenderingProblem2.jp

KenaiMunicAreaBridgeRenderingProblem3.jp

KenaiMunicAreaBridgeRenderingProblem4.jp

Any idea what this could be and how to fix it ?

Thanks and regards,

Hi Rhett,

looks like a similar issue as some customers have with PAJN; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/65502-sak-pajn-bridges-become-wireframe-and-grow-taller/

There does seem to be a strange interaction with specific add-on airplanes and an entry in cameras.cfg so perhaps Joe's work-around will help you too: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/88783-ywol-issue-bridges/?p=853853

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I removed the 'clipmode=minimum' line from cameras.cfg file VC camera entry. I use EZCA (EZDOK) - the latest beta version for FSX Steam. EZCA now automatically adds EZCA camera entries into the cameras.cfg file instead of the aircraft.cfg file the way it used to. This is then a global entry and thus does not require any configuration setup of each aircraft (cool!). I noted that the EZCA VC camera entry includes the 'clipmode=minimum' line whereas I don't think the default VC camera has this entry. Anyway, this seems, for now, to have solved the strange bridge depiction problem I and the others have reported. I read in an A2A forum post that they too do not advise using the 'clipmode=minimum' line option for a cockpit camera as it messes with scenery in the distance. It is usually used for aircraft cameras like those used for the walk around pre flight inspection - where the object being viewed is in close proximity to the camera. (I read up in a post on setting cameras what the clipmode entry is used for.) Interestingly the reason why some like to use the clipmode=minimum 'tweak' is that they claim it prevents bleeding through of lights (eg stobe lights) through VC cockpit walls. Bottom line ... Best not to use this entry.

Regards,

Archived