New Century Airport

Toto-Free

Hello ORBX developers.

This is off the topic of enough is enough and back to business.

I live just south of Kansas City in a small city called Olathe.

Over the years living here i have learnt that the default airport in FSX called New Century Airport used to be a US navy training and recruiting facility.

I have spoken to people that lived here during the late 50's and early 60's before the closing of the naval facility that they used to go and watch navy planes practice there trapping.

The planes that they mostly saw were navy A7 corsairs and Talons and a occasionally Navy F4 Phantoms. Today the airport houses the Heart of America,Commemorative Air force Wing 

called Ghost Squadron. The Commemorative air force is mostly 2nd world war planes and every year in July sometime the Commemorative Air Force puts on a very spectacular airshow at

New Century Airport.  I have been to many of the airshows and myself and my wife have flown in many different planes, mostly 2nd world war trainers. However flights in FIFI and B17's and various 2nd world war fighters are available for a price that we cannot afford . One year I did manage to land a job at the show and cooked over 1200 hamburgers and probably 12000 hot dogs. The show itself was a huge success, and from what I heard the Hamburgers and hotdogs were pretty good as well.

Anyway my point to all of this is ........... Would it be possible for ORBX to do the New Century Airport and possible have 2 versions of the airport. One version being a time travel  back to what it used to look like when it was a Navy training facility, with a trapping landing strip, and a few Intruders, A7 Corsairs, Talons  and F4 Phantoms parked around, with emergency vehicles parked, fire trucks ambulances etc etc. You could even have AI planes taking off every so now and then.

And then off course a version of how the airport looks like today only revamped to look better with more detail.  Being a somewhat historical forgotten airport I do think the project would be a worthy project. You could put it up for sale or include it in your updates. I would prefer to see it on sale with both versions. 

Anyway I just thought I would throw this out there, does not hurt to ask. Thank you for all your hard work and I really enjoy your products. ^-^

Can't answer your question Toto-Free but I remember Olathe when it was a Naval Air Station.  In fact it was one of the primary locations we used to evacuate aircraft from the Pensacola, FL and other Florida Air Stations during hurricanes.  At the time it was an advanced training location for Naval Aviators.

Archived