Jackson Hole Terrain

njuser

Hi Friends,

I am having trouble with my Jackson Hole scenery.  The airport is great but the surrounding terrain seems to have the generic FSX hills\trees\etc bleeding through at certain points.  I am using FTX Global and FTX Vector.  FTX central is currently set to North America.  The only North America area I have loaded is Alaska.  No Rockies, etc.  I would love to attach an image but am new to the forums and haven't figured out how to upload a picture yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Seth

PS  in FTX central, I have several areas installed but see no hybrid option, any thoughts?

Ah ha...link to the picture.  http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/4I1

G'day Seth,

Thanks very much for that. By the looks of your screenshot, you are not displaying the 1m photoreal areas for some reason. Could you please go to your Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KJAC\scenery folder and check that the following four files are present; 

Westsim_KJAC_PR_1m_A.bgl

Westsim_KJAC_PR_1m_B.bgl

Westsim_KJAC_PR_1m_C.bgl

Westsim_KJAC_PR_1m_D.bgl

If not, my first recommendation would be just to run the installers again - don't forget that KJAC has three installers to run. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Ahha, will look as soon as I get back from the long weekend in the US.  That might do it.  I just saw, though, today that there is a new triple installer.  Would you recommend doing that first?  Do I find the update at the pilot shop?  Thanks for the great help!

Seth

G'day Seth,

The new triple installer is currently in beta testing - unfortunately I don't have a release schedule for it just yet. The update will be available for download via your account at the Flightsimstore - if you purchased it on DVD from another location (FS Pilot Shop etc), have a read up on sorting out a cross-license via the discussion topic here

In the meantime, see how you go with those files when you get home and let me know if you need any more help :) 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived