PNW Blues

Hi all,

I have installed on my FSX scenery the following list of FTX sceneries (listed in no particular order):

Global BASE
Global VECTOR
Global openLC Europe
PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible
NA Blue USA/Canada Northern Rocky Mountains
NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords
NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest
NA KORS Orcas Island
NA Monument Valley
Trees HD
GLOBAL_NA_AIRPORTS
GLOBAL_EU_AIRPORTS

I have all the relevant latest updates applied and the latest FTXORBXLIBS_150331 installed, and run FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.

Now the problem I have is with the NA BLUE series of sceneries. If I have them enabled the frame rate drops considerably and I get stutters and pauses. This happens even if I have hybrid or not enabled. If I switch back to GLOBAL in FTX Central vsn 1 or 2, I still get low frame rates, stutters and pauses. I have to go into the scenery library in FSX and disable all the NA BLUE scenery entries then everything returns to normal.

If this topic has been covered before I appologise in advance, but any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi all,

I have installed on my FSX scenery the following list of FTX sceneries (listed in no particular order):

Global BASE

Global VECTOR

Global openLC Europe

PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible

NA Blue USA/Canada Northern Rocky Mountains

NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Fjords

NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest

NA KORS Orcas Island

NA Monument Valley

Trees HD

GLOBAL_NA_AIRPORTS

GLOBAL_EU_AIRPORTS

I have all the relevant latest updates applied and the latest FTXORBXLIBS_150331 installed, and run FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.

Now the problem I have is with the NA BLUE series of sceneries. If I have them enabled the frame rate drops considerably and I get stutters and pauses. This happens even if I have hybrid or not enabled. If I switch back to GLOBAL in FTX Central vsn 1 or 2, I still get low frame rates, stutters and pauses. I have to go into the scenery library in FSX and disable all the NA BLUE scenery entries then everything returns to normal.

If this topic has been covered before I appologise in advance, but any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

Please add your order number into your signature for any support query.

What! For all of them? This will takes some while to get them all together. In the meanwhile I will just uninstall the PNW sceneries and revert to not using them.

Thanks for your help. Close this one I will re post when I have time to get all order numbers & I will put purchase dates as well.

• 2 weeks later...

May I help?  Do not know if you found another thread to assist you. 

You may also post me a PM if you like and I can walk you through a couple of steps to see what is going on.  As you see below, I have what you have and more.  At this time I am just running Global Scenery, EULC, NA Scenery, all of the freeware, A2A aircraft, Tongas X, DAFSIM, Orbx's Teamspeak3, NA AI AC, FEX, and Active Sky Next. 

I use the default ORBX recommend scenery settings in th FSX (sliders) BUT with water turned off (don't need it).  My PC is a lowly 3d generation i5 machine.  I run dual monitors and a second machine for the addons via FSUIPC WideServer.  My FPS setting is at 30.  Very seldom in PNW do I creep below this.  Only the NON-tripple installers will I get hits on the FPS.  I hate balloons so I turn them off.  LOL

If I can help, let me know.

May I help?  Do not know if you found another thread to assist you. 

You may also post me a PM if you like and I can walk you through a couple of steps to see what is going on.  As you see below, I have what you have and more.  At this time I am just running Global Scenery, EULC, NA Scenery, all of the freeware, A2A aircraft, Tongas X, DAFSIM, Orbx's Teamspeak3, NA AI AC, FEX, and Active Sky Next. 

I use the default ORBX recommend scenery settings in th FSX (sliders) BUT with water turned off (don't need it).  My PC is a lowly 3d generation i5 machine.  I run dual monitors and a second machine for the addons via FSUIPC WideServer.  My FPS setting is at 30.  Very seldom in PNW do I creep below this.  Only the NON-tripple installers will I get hits on the FPS.  I hate balloons so I turn them off.  LOL

If I can help, let me know.

PNW is a heavy demand region. What I would do if I were you is reduce the demand on your computer. Turn water effects down to 1.1xHigh, I have even lowered detailed radius all the way down to Low, still beautiful scenery. Terrain mesh 5 meters, Texture down to 2 meters. Autogen density down to very dense not max, complexity normal.

Try that out and see what happens.

Archived