Can't get ORBX Base to install

reg. key is [removed]. Please be aware that I'm no computer whiz. I got a message a few days ago to insert disk 2, I downloaded Orbx, so there is no disk 2. I have not seen the installer app, Hope this sense to someone. Orbx was pur. on 2015-02-16. I'm going to my c drive, downloads, double clicking on the application and extracting the files.  I guess I need to start from scratch to get this to work. Would appreciate any help.

Hi Kevin

Be sure to extract the compressed download into a separate folder first then click on the .exe....so ...in other words...do not move the zipped file anywhere....just right click on it and "extract all" into a different new folder....then click on the .exe.  :)

Cheers

Doug

Doug Thanks for your help. If possible I have a few more questions, again I am not very good at this. I go to computer, then downloads. Now I see orbxFTXglobalbase130, date modified is 5/19/2015, But I don't see an EXE file. I think I have already extracted the file? I'm really lost here. Again, thank you for your help.

Kevin

The .exe file is inside the compressed folder called "orbxFTXglobalbase130.zip" but first create a "New folder" on your "Desktop" by right clicking your mouse anywhere on your screen, then click on "New" then "Folder". now, right click on the folder called "orbxFTXglobalbase130.zip" and then click on "Extract All", then click on the "Browse" button, then click on "New folder", then click the "Extract" button.

Kevin.png

Now click on and open up the "New folder" and click on the .exe file and the installer will run.

Kevin1.png

Dont worry Kevin 8)

If i or Doug isnt here, i am sure that there is a bunch of other good people to help You, any time. 

Always glad to help.. and if i can't, there will always be someone EVEN  clever Guys (is it possible??) than i and Doug ::)

Best regards

Henrik 

Doug thanks so much for your help. I don't have a zip file on my download page. What I have is orbxFTXGlobalbase130, date created 2/16/2015, time 1:34PM, size 3.92GB, files OrbxFTXGlobal130.2. Is it possible that the complete file didn't download? I have been very busy and haven't really had time to look at this until the last few days. Would appreciate any help.

Kevin

That's possible...mine shows at 4.41GB, and when the download is complete, it will only be a compressed zipped folder in your computers download folder....a proper download you will not receive non compressed (zipped)

OK, I feel sure I have completed everything, downloaded Orbx base again, Install went OK until the end, I had a pop that looked a little odd, but I thought the install was finished. I now have FTX Central on my desk top, when I click it I get the following" FTX  Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the app. will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you select quit the app. will close immediately" Then I get " Could not find c\program file (X86) Lockheed martin\prepar3D V2\terrain. cfg.  Doug, I hope you or someone can help. Also after I double click on the FTX desktop link, it says loading, but never finishes.

Archived