Scenery Library and general texture problem with addons

Karoz

Hello,

This is my problem:

2015-5-16_4-43-1-125jpeg.jpg

2015-5-16_4-44-15-383jpeg.jpg

This is supposed to be friday harbor, default flight...

A short description of how/when it happens:

I install a fresh FSX:SE. Run the sim. Everything's fine.

Then I manually install the simconnect files. (I don't know if you still need to do this manually, but still, everything works fine.)

I install FSUIPC latest version. Run the sim. Still no problem.

So now I have these addons, which I want to install: FS Global 2010 FTX, FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC. As soon as I install ANY one of these and try to run the sim, what you see in the screenshots happens. I've tried in several different regions around the world. The sim is globally messed up.

When I try to remove whatever I installed from the scenery library, as soon as I enter OK in the scenery library the sim crashes to desktop. Using FTX Central (either version) to re-apply default textures doesn't make any changes. The only way to put things back to normal is either a reinstall or a system restore.

I did have a previous gold edition installation before SE, but I'm pretty sure I uninstalled it completely clean. (Uninstall twice from control panel, delete every file or folder with "fsx" in it, delete every single registry with "fsx" in it...)

Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you...

That actually worked! I just can't believe I've been tearing my hair off for three days for something with such a small fix. And that I couldn't find anything about a known issue on the net untill now...

Anyway, thank you so much for the quick reply Nick!

So do you know the reason for this? Why only Turkish systems? Does it have something to do with the language settings? Is there a permanent fix or do I have to make the correction manually everytime I install an addon?

No one here or anywhere else seems to have the answer other than

it is connected to the Turkish version of Windows.

I fear that you will have to apply the fix each time you change area

in FTX Central as well as when installing new products.

I suppose that means each time that the scenery.cfg is edited.

It is unfortunate that there is no better solution but fortunate that

it is only one entry.

Archived