Question re installation of updated global freeware airport packs

I have deferred installation of the 24 March 2015 global freeware airport packs due to uncertainties of what the result might be. Here are my concerns.

First, does the installer provide a list of the airports installed so that I can determine where there are duplications, such as for my FSDreamteam Hawaii airports, so that I will know what global airports to disable?

Second, the original packs' documentation noted those airports that required manual AEC adjustments. Are these adjustments no longer necessary, or if they are needed, are those airports where such adjustments are needed identified in the 24 March 2015 release?

Thanks,

Robert

No, I believe the airports listed are only the new ones subsequent to Pack 20 and EU Pack 7. And even if the list were of all the airports included in the package, nothing is said about the need for manual AEC adjustments.

Robert

The only ones you have to disable are those ORBX has done payware versions of, like Sedona or Palm Springs, because the global airports default to being higher in the scenery library than the NA airports.  As for third party airports like FSDT, as long as they're above the ORBX entries, you shouldn't have issues.  On the elevations issue, you should run the auto configurator under the AEC tab whenever you add or remove sceneries.

Bruce, thanks for clarifying things for me. I went ahead and installed the combo packs and all seems to have worked out okay. All my exclusions and were either maintained or entered automatically, so it looks like little need for manual entries going forward.

Thanks again,

Robert

Archived