KSEA runway thresholds

shaunly

I recently purchased and installed the FTX NA PNW region.  I tried searching the forum for the issue I am reporting, but could not find anything, so my apologies if this has been covered already.  When I load FSX and position at KSEA, the Northern end of runway 16R/34L is not lined up with the thresholds of 16C/16L.  The threshold for 16R is further North than the other two, but in reality the Northern threshold of all three of the runways at KSEA is the same.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Hi Shaun,

Could you take a screenshot of your issue, so that it can be compared,  preferably a topdown view showing how the runways don't lineup for you. Team members can then determine if what you see is correct.

Info about posting screenshots found here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/45944-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Here's what I'm encountering:

2015-5-11_11-53-9-690.jpg

I also took this shot of the field overall and it seems that 16R/34L as a whole is a bit further North than it should be ... if you look at the airport diagram, the Southern threshold of 16R/34L should be about abeam the intersection of taxiways P & B, whereas this image shows it closer to the intersection of taxiways N &B:

2015-5-11_12-3-21-978.jpg

Hope this helps!

Hi Shaun,

This is correct as far as FTX PNW, your runways and their thresholds are all in the correct locations for 34L /16R & 34C /16C & 34R /16L and match my own, at a point in time/date when the FTX PNW / KSEA airport was modelled. Orbx developers will likely confirm this. 

Whereas in FSX default you will not have the 3rd Runway, 34L /16R runway as modelled in PNW, the default FSX center Rwy would be the 34L /16R, although its been so long since I've seen default, I can't quite remember its exact designation.

Google Earth does indicate that 16R threshold does in fact line up with the other two, so you're right, 16R has been extended back to the north a bit too far.  

One of the PNW or airport devs who sees this might pop a fix in a future service pack or release perhaps.

Cheers

I appreciate you guys taking a look at it.  With it being my "home" airport, it is a bit disappointing ... but I understand that each airport is somebody's "home" airport and they want it to be perfect.  I've read that Taxi2Gate is developing an updated payware release of KSEA, so I will cross my fingers that their rendition is compatible with the FTX region.  

That said, I'll also cross my fingers that one of the developers does pop a fix in a future service pack too!

Thanks again!

Hi Shaun

When I "enhanced" KSEA for PNW the runway was still a "work in process" and what I modeled was what was proposed, at least early on.  I'll revisit it and set the runways to what is there now.  It will be in the next update.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Shaun

When I "enhanced" KSEA for PNW the runway was still a "work in process" and what I modeled was what was proposed, at least early on.  I'll revisit it and set the runways to what is there now.  It will be in the next update.

Cheers, Neil

Wonderful news!  Thanks so much Neil!

Archived