How to update DVD version 1 airports

parob

I have reinstalled a number of my older DVD versions of North American airports but can no longer locate any updates for them on the support page. the airport DVDs are Twin Oaks(7S3), Cushman Meadows(KCMW), Darrington Muni(1S2), Concrete Muni(3W5) and Orcas Island(KORS). FTX Central 2 lists them as version 1 but does not prompt an update. I seem to recall in previous reinstalls that the updates did appear in the support section for downloading.

Can anyone help please? Many thanks. 

Philip (eg. FSS 0051637 and others) 

An excellent question, I have just been asking myself.
I've got boxed (version 100) copies of Concrete Muni(3W5) and Orcas Island(KORS) too. And these are now at versions 115 and 120 respectivey I believe.

Hi guys,

for Orbx airports whose updates have been rolled into triple installers (FSX, P3Dv1, P3Dv2) you can "purchase" the download version from FSS, without getting charged, and then that triple installer will show up in your FSS account; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75513-fss-cross-grade-offer-for-all-orbx-dvd-customers-from-other-online-stores/?p=692774

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger, 

Now all downloaded except for the "WA56 Israel's Farm" part of the boxed "Orbx - FTX: NA 3W5 Concrete Muni Airport DVD (with Bonus WA56)".
I haven't been granted a free download for WA56, just 3W5.

To be honest I've just purchased this one and it's still on its way to me in the UK, so I'm not quite certain which version of the airports will be on the DVD.
If this boxed bundle is a more recent product then I imagine they might be later versions, but if possible could you please confirm which version Israel's Farm is now at and perhaps you might know if I should have been given a link from FSS to download this one too?

Thank you,

Dave

Hi guys,

glad I could help.

Dave, the current version of WA56 is 1.05 though from the triple installer release note it appears that the (minor) updates it includes are limited to customers who paid for the airport; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/88521-wa56-israels-farm-triple-installer/

Cheers, Holger

Ah...just one more thing (he says, doing his best Columbo impersonation).

If I install 3W5 Concrete Muni from the DVD (to get WA56) and then run the lastest triple installer for 3W5 (to bring it up to version 115), will I break anything (the triple installer being a full verion rather than a patch)?

In general, can OrbX products be reapplied over themselves without an uninstall first (
as long as the lastest version of a particular product is run last I suppose)?
I'm just wondering for the sake of maintenance in the future, if for any reason anything should get damaged and I want to refresh it without the need for too much drastic uninstall/reinstall action.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived