Flight Sim X - Object Flow.dll Problem - Help Please

Plugger69

Hello Everyone,

Last few times that I have started FSX up, I have had a message pop up at the load up screen :

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with third party software program (add-on):

Name: Dynamig Object Placement
Version: 1,0,10,1
Company: <Unknown>
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft...\ObjectFlow.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

To avoid seeing this message in future, uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when running flight simulator. For more information about third party programs, contact the publisher or see

http:\www.fsinsider.com.

Has anyone seen this sort of message before or may have any idea what it is in relation to as I have absolutely no idea right now and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what program it is or what it could be in relation to.

Cheers,

Chris

P.S. I would have posted a screen shot but couldn't work out how to do it

It's possibly a message notifying you about an update to ObjectFlow.dll. The current version is 1.0.10.2. After ObjectFlow update module updates the DLL you need to restart FSX and check the file version on Details tab of the DLL-file located at "%AppData%\Orbx Systems\ObjectFlowUpdate".

Thanks Simurq for your reply...

I am a bit of a noob at all this Object.dll technical stuff and I am not 100% sure what Object flow even is...

Do I need to update whatever this is somehow or delete it and where do I even look and find it on my system which is Vista..

I did follow your directions above and the file version under the details tab shows 1.0.10.2 in "%AppData%\Orbx Systems\ObjectFlowUpdate"...there are 2 files in there being InstallObjectFlowUpdate.exe and ObjectFlow.dll...When I click on the update.exe one it says "InstallObjectFlowUpdate: Invalid Command line..

Any suggestions my friend ?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi,

Go to your flight sim folder and look in ...FSX/ORBX/Scripts/   and run (right click and run as administrator)  ObjectFlowUpdate.exe

I had this message too, and it's gone now after running ObjectFlowUpdate.exe

Hi Chris,

You need to say YES to this next time it comes up,  Objectflow.dll is safe and is part of Orbx software, you may then be asked to "Trust" the module, so that it can be added to your dll.xml and FSX.cfg or P3D.cfg, as the case may be. Objectflow won't work without it being accepted.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to everyone that responded to me. I have come home from work tonight and followed the instructions above from Simurq and Mikelab6 and Jeff Gilmour and I clicked yes when asked and I re-started my PC, started it back up again and message was gone.

Matter now resolved and thanks again guys.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Just noticed your pm, sorry for late and lazy reply... Anyway, I can see the guys have helped to solve your issue already. One more tip from me - make sure you always have the latest Orbx libraries installed on your sim and you're done as far as the ObjectFlow is concerned. Here is the permalink for free Orbx libraries: https://fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Cheers,

Archived