install validation woes - problem solved (for me)

krigl

Well, it's still not working for me, I've added FSS000 and no joy. I am connected to the internet, my firewall/antivirus are off, I have Microsoft.Net 3.0, I've paid and downloaded the product....and typed in all the info exactly as stated, but it still won't work. I've spent about 3 hours tearing my hair out over this...

...and when I went to Flightsimstore to submit a ticket and pressed 'open ticket' (as I didn't see 'submit' written anywhere) I got a #403 error... and now I cannot access that site at all. All I get is #403 error every time.

So I can't even get customer support from them. What a bloody nightmare.

If anyone from Orbx or perhaps Flightsimstore could help me somehow I'd greatly appreciate it. I can't see what the problem or solution would be though as I've already done everything I'm supposed to and it hasn't worked.

I can give my order details to the 'helpful person' by pm...

Cheers

Krigl

Wait! Wait!

I just pressed 'validate' one more time before closing the installer and stamping off to bed in a furious temper - and it started installing!!

How wierd is that...

Maybe the trick is to press it 29 times. If you're determined enough, you will get to try FSX. Give up easily, and you're doomed.

Perhaps that 403 error will go away in time too....??

That site must be under a lot of strain...

Okay.... the flightsimstore wrapper started installing FTX blue install program automatically without prompting - and under it was FTX Au blue installer asking me if I would like to install FTX blue - tired and fed up I clicked yes to all and it started. Now both programmes are running. Hopefully the result won't be a terrible mess...

Ohhhhkaaayyyyyy....

It worked!! I started FSX... and I saw a horrible mess of floating textures etc. Horror!!

I went into the settings and tweaked a bit....

...and guys, what can I say.

Absolutely AMAZING!!!! AMAZING!!

I've seen the millions of screenshots, but nothing compares to seeing it in action.

You've done an incredible job there. I visited various places and even the areas which one would imagine are totally dull have been transformed into REAL PLACES, of great natural BEAUTY!!

Thank you so much guys!!

I can't edit my topic title to something more positive unfortunately or I would.

Off to bed.... and Wolter... starting O+O defrag run no. 1 before I go - thanks for responding mate!!

Roger

Thanks Wolter!!

I achieved my (admittedly petty) dream of being first to post pics from FTX on my main home forum Simviation. First with VOZ, first with FTX  :D

Petty...................................

..............but satisfying to a small-minded guy like me  ;D

Archived