Issues with FTX Global hybrid, Pacific Northwest, Northern Cali and KTVL

Valhawk

Hi all,

I just installed all these mods. Everything works well, except that on a couple of airports I have ground texture all over it. 2 airports I tried are KTDO and KTVL. Once hybrid is removed, it's all right. It's only the regions that cause that! Anyone know how to fix this? Many thanks in advance!

With only Global on, all is good

Test2.jpg

With regions acive/hybrid on

Test1.jpg

Have you run the FTX Vector Configurator tool? Open that up in FTX Central and run the Airport Elevation Corrections tool. Make sure you have Activated the North America region in  Central first.

Hi, it seems to be a tool that only comes with vectors, which I don't have. I couldn't find any airport elevation tool in FTX central 2. Btw, I just found out that I still have the old FTX central. Should I erase the old version and only keep FTX central 2, or are they complementing each other? 

You don't have to delete it but use the new Central V2. Did not realise you hadn't got Vector. I am unsure how to help you now except if you have any mesh installed make sure it is below your FTX addons in the Scenery Library. You could also try the FTX

Library Insertion Points Tool and make sure FTX is on the top of the list. You will find the tool under "Tools" in "settings" at the bottom of Central 2.

Hi Valhawk,

Did you install the latest Orbxlibs after everything else? This should get rid of any FTXC1 shortcut, leaving you with FTXC2 only.  If you don't have the Orbxlibs installed, that might be the cause of the elevation problem.

Hi Valhawk,

As you see I have no elevation issues in any configuration, so it might just be a matter of downloading the Latest Orbx Libraries that has FTXCentral v2. Install the libraries then cycle/switch FTXCentral between North America Region & FTXGlobal, clicking APPLY each time, doing so should force FTXCentral to sort out your Scenery library order, If this does not work there may be need to look at your Library Insertion points.

It took a little while to work out from you shots, but both of your pictures are showing KTDO Default/FTXGlobal as seen in (pic 1 below)

8347d5e79717c918377384c8942203dc.jpg

KTDO should look like this with FTXGlobal + Hybrid mode = (PNW in North America Active) (Pic 2 below)

0013c2324bed98db491ce071eaada28b.jpg

With (North America Region) active, you should be seeing KTDO Airfield like (Pic 3 below)

ec8103901857f64921daa8e7b143686d.jpg

Thanks all for all the replies! 

I checked my scenery library on FSX and saw that all FSX scenery were not listed, even while it showed up in the Library insertion points in FTX central. So I added all the scenery manually, which fixed the elevation issue, but now I'm missing all the buildings in Lake Tahoe, and have many weird objects appearing on runways. 

I switched not to long ago from my old FSX to FSX:SE ... and I start to regret it ... It seems the uninstall hasn't removed all the old version and it's causing issues.

I think I will try to uninstall everything, FSX:SE, all my Orbx and REX mods, and start from fresh.

I'll let you know how it goes, I'll do it later today, so if you guys have any last advice before I re-install it all, they'll be welcome!

And yes, I have downloaded and installed the latest library, and all versions were up to date.

Cheers!

Hi Valhawk,

If you think it best to re-install then I wish you every success.

I can't add anything more, I use FSX Deluxe Gold (Boxed) version, so FSX:SE is still a little bit of a mystery to me. Issues relating to FSX:SE installations should be in that forum so that FSX:SE can be considered in the mix of possibilities, or otherwise mentioned in your topic, as there are distinct differences in installation structures, afaik.

Well I'm lost ... FTX central keeps modifying an old scenery list that doesn't even exist anymore from my previous fsx, which I can't find anywhere on my computer. Reinstalling and manually adding the scenerys into fsx:se just made a mess and some runways are still covered with not only textures now, but also houses and trees. 

BTW, the uninstall for FTX central doesn't work. Even though it says it was succesfully uninstalled, the app is still there and working. Removing the regions per forum advice did nothing to remove them from the list either.

Oh well, I'll have to think it all over and try to figure it out. Thx for the help though. The forums on steam have no info on this either.

Problem solved. Lots of residual files of previous FSX were still scatered in my computer. I used Revo uninstaller which cleaned most files and registry. After manually looking for residual files and removing the last ones, I started with a clean reinstallation of FSX: SE and addo-ons, now everything works like a charm!

Many thanks for the replies.

Archived