P3D PNW Demo Installation Problem

Trying to install P3D version of PNW demo. Installation appears to run through correctly until FTX Central reports error "FSX not found at the location pointed to by the registry ...". I do not have FSX installed only P3D v 2.5. I do seem to have both FTX Central and FTX Central2 installed. The only other Orbx software installed is FTXTrees. Apologies if I'm missing something obvious or this problem has been discussed elsewhere but any help would be most welcome.

Found same topic on different forum and user advised to update to the latest libraries. I've tried that but still no joy. Reinstalling PNW demo appears to copy all files but ends up with "No FSX entry found in the registry" comment. FTX Central 2 doesn't show any PNW region as installed. I really want to see this working before buying the full product!

Okay. I've decided to buy the full PNW version despite not being able to get the demo version working. I read that the demo version must be uninstalled before loading the full version so I downloaded the PNW Demo uninstaller and ... it doesn't work! It appears to be looking for FSX which has never been installed. AAAARGH!

Hi there,

not sure why you have the issue with the PNW demo and uninstaller given that they would be looking for the registry entry of P3D not FSX. I suspect there's something amiss with your registry so you may want to look into that, i.e., remove any FSX entries and check the P3D ones; for the latter see http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/getting_help/getting_help.html  

In any case, you can quickly manually remove the PNW demo with these steps: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30377-uninstalling-na-regions-a-quick-guide/

Don't forget to also install the latest Orbx libraries from our support page as the last step.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

Many thanks for your reply.

FSX has never been installed on the affected pc but right from the word go, the PNW installation routine, FTX Central and the uninstall routine all appeared to be looking for FSX at some point or another. Before I saw your reply I decided to completely remove P3D and Orbx programs and any associated registry entries, before reinstalling P3D, FTX Trees and FTX Central 2. Everything is working fine currently but I have now to either try installing the PNW demo again or possibly the full product. I confess to being slightly worried about getting the same problems once more but I certainly do want to get Orbx scenery working. My pc is a 64 bit machine and I note there is a different registry location compared to 32 bit and wonder if this is significant in any way?

Thanks for the links; I had already looked at those but I now know that the advice there is what I'll need, should I encounter further difficulty.

Kind regards,

John

Hello Holger,

Just to let you know that the full version of PNW has installed and is working perfectly! The improvement over the default scenery is far in excess of what I'd hoped for and at the current discounted purchase price it's an absolute bargain!

Thanks again,

John

Archived