FTX Global 1.3 Wrapper stuck

Dawnhawk

Hi together,

when installing, the wrapper couldn'd complete its unwrapping. The dark process bar stuck at about 4/5 of total.
It seems similar to the threat of lockheed from 2nd oct 2014 in FTX Global 1.30 Released :

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/85467-ftx-global-130-released/page-3

Does anybody know what happens, and how I can solve the problem?

Name: The FlightSim Store Wrapper v2.2
Title: Unwrapping Orbx - FTX: Global BASE
Please wait while we un-wrap Orbx - FTX: Global BASE. This may take a few minutes.

Thanks in advance
Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

Can you please check free space on the drive where you intend to install FTX Global Base? If the amount is to low, the process doesn't go to the end.

Hi Richard,

yes, I checked. The P3D disk has 579 GB free and the User disk, where the wrapper runs, has 63 GB free.

I noticed, that the wrapper creates certain GB on the Temp folder, while he is running.

That should be enough -

Best regards.

There also might be some hidden notification needing you answer by yes to follow. Sometimes they are displayed behind another frame or out of the screen area. To skip that, you can inactivate them into user's parameters. That is useful for next.

Hello Richard,

well, I've already noticed such request, for ex. when you print an exceltabelsheet via pdf.
The request to tell him a filename and folder hiddens behind the excelsheet and nothing seems to happen.
You can notice a little pdf picture in the taskline where you can click on to let it appear.
Or the request of programs for administrator affirmative sometimes don't darken your screen but hide behind somewhere.
Again you see a picture in the taskline and can click on it to let it appear.
Not here.
I tried also the installation in the P3D v2.2, but the result is the same; the right side of the process bar stops below the word "Global",
during the information "Un-wrapping installer".
I can only stop the wrapper via task manager. It answers with "the program don't" react.
I press "End now" and it answers with "the wrapper don't answer; it will be searched for a solution of this problem".
After some seconds both promt and wrapper disappear.

May you remember that sometimes, when you end a process with this method, it answers with "the application is waiting for an entry".
Then you know what it is just doing, but it doesn't really tell you how you'll get the promt window into the foreground.

But now your advise:
I can really inactivate such needed notifications, request or entry promt in my user's parameters?
How, and What will then the application do?
I only find the notification adjustment for programs which need administrator approval to do some changes on my computer.
But this request comes at the beginning of the wrapper, long before the action bar stops.

What I also did, was a 2nd download; but no change -
It also seems that the set is complete:
- OrbxFTXGlobal130.2-9 (512MB each)
- OrbxFTXGlobal130.10 (25.56MB)
- and the .exe with 519.148MB,
just as described by Käpt'n on 25th dec 2014 in
http://flightx.net/board4-microsoft-flight-simulator/board27-szenerien-add-ons-f%C3%BCr-ms-flight-simulator/82094-ftx-global-installation/
The only file, which is missing, is the Important Read Me file.
But the Read Me was already part of Vers 110 and I ensured to have .NET Framework v4.0 installed and FTX Central is set to Global.
I have only Global -

Regards,
Gerhard

I am having the same problem with KRDD from The Flightsim store. I have created a new post above before I saw your's. Something has to be done about this as it is very frustrating. There is no reason in the world to justify a 1gig file running for more then 2 hours as mine has.

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same issue trying to install to P3Dv2.5 with Open Landclass EU, this has already installed to FSX without issue. The wrappers for Global and Vector installed without problem but am stuck with all four Landclass files which I have subsequently downloaded again.

Support ticket opened with FSS.

Gents I have the same issue with openLC Europe and like MrUnSavory1 said its not acceptable, ORBX is probably the best at what they do and one could expect this sort of thing from freeware products but NOT from a pay ware developer like ORBX (that said I don't think its a product issue). If it is a FFS error please fix or get an updated wrapper. Looking at the posts there is an obvious problem with the wrapper. 

FSS Wrapper copy unwrapped instaler into user temp folder on system disk. (users/your username/app data/local/temp and there some new folder)

So if you have slow or fragmented discs, this big installers will be copiied to you system disk. It can take long time. I recommend keep those unwraped packages. If you do not reinstal, then everything works perfect and you save time for FSS WRAPPER. For instali unwraped install package after reinstal your pc,  you need registry entries (installer looks for reg. entries and wrapper make those entries to registry) which you can export after first install.

Archived