nikejp63

Installed products: GLOBAL

FTX Global Base Pack FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014

FTX Global Vector FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.20 October 2014

OTHER

Orbx Libraries FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 150331 31st MARCH 2015

UNKNOWN

FTX_OLC_AA FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX_OLC_EU1 FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX_OLC_NA1 FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

Running P3D V2.5. At various airports, I have trees and grass textures on runways, aprons etc. When I disable FTX_VECTOR_EXX in the scenery library, trees and grass textures disappear. Obviously not the solution I desire. I have tried running the AEC program but this doesn't help. One thing I did notice is that the FTX AA ORBX LIBS doesn't appear in my scenery library. I have redownloaded and reinstalled the latest Orbx Library. It's getting frustrating. Any help is greatly appreciated. If you need any more info just ask. Thanks.

Nick Petrus

Holger,

Actually the third party airports I have installed work fine. The airports I have issue with are default P3d. Shanghai Pudong, Incheon are two that I have trees and grass textures invading runways and taxiways. I have the same issues with KDFW, KDEN and others when AEC is disabled. When AEC is enabled these airports are set below the surrounding area. I can live with that over trees and grass invading the runway. Shanghai and Pudong I can't fix. Like I said earlier, when I disable FTX_VECTOR_EXX in the scenery library, trees and grass textures disappear. But then what's the point of having Vector. Also, as I previously mentioned the FTX AA ORBX LIBS doesn't appear in my scenery library. Hope someone has some suggestions. Thanks.

Nick

Holger,

After reading the thread, I reinstalled Global Vector, made sure I added global setting and hybrid in FTX central 2 and applied. I no longer have trees at Incheon and Pudong. Hopefully this issue is fixed. I will monitor. Thanks again.

Nick

Hi Nick,

I just checked the airports you mentioned and they are all OK with just Global Base and Vector running. There are a few slopes along parts of the perimeter of KDEN and KDFW, which is to be expected with large airports like these that are entirely flat in FSX/P3D. However, there are no autogen incursions anywhere. When I manually deactivate KDFW and KDEN with the Vector control panel the default elevations are restored and the slopes less visible (keep in mind that the Vector elevation corrections are optimized for a global add-on terrain mesh).

Perhaps run a Windows search for the respective airport ICAOs of your entire P3D folder tree and post the results here; looks like you either have the wrong files deactivated or some other add-on interfering.

Missing the Orbxlibs entry won't have any bearing on these issues but it might point to bigger issues, like file access permission problems. Do you have a file named scenerylib_FTXAA_ORBXLIBS.cfg in your \Prepar3D v2\ORBX\Scripts folder? That's the file that makes FTX Central insert the correct entry (FTXAA_ORBXLIBS) into scenery.cfg; this should happen automatically whenever you start FTX Central.

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

I do have the file "scenerylib_FTXAA_ORBXLIBS.cfg" in the  \Prepar3D v2\ORBX\Scripts folder.

Here is the content:

[Area.XXX]

Title=FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

Local=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=XXX

I manually added "FTX AA ORBX LIBS" the to the P3D scenery library and the scenery.cfg. Moved it to the top spot in the scenery directory. It doesn't appear in the FTX Central Library Insertion point. Thanks.

Nick

Hi Nick,

the library insertion tool uses the orange "FTX" entry as a visual placeholder for the entire block of "FTX_" entries, which, depending on the number of Orbx products installed, can have dozens of separate entries. If your actual scenery library menu in P3D shows the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS entry then all is well.

Cheers, Holger

Archived