Devils tower rock not appearing

I installed devils tower and found the rock itself did not show up.  I checked the forum and found another person with the same problem and he was told to check that the module installer was working.  I tried to run the module installer but I get a pop up that says " your DLL.xml file appears to be corrupt, module installer cannot add the module to a corrupt XML file.  Replace with a new file? "   what the hell is it and how do I un-corrupt it and how did it get corrupt in the first place?

I also am having the same issue but I couldn't stand it so I started reading everything I could find on it. In an Avsim forum post one of the guys stated that you need to have FTS Global activated for it to work. I purchased FTS Global and installed it but still no monolith. In my fifteen + years of flight simming I've never seen an add-on scenery so impossible to install. What I think I'm seeing is those of us who have had FSX installed prior to installing FSX-SE are going to have Object Flow issues. I have uninstalled FSX and I cleaned it out of the registry according to this http://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=14950 VRS Forum post so I could install the TacPack and F/A-18E SuperBug.  I should have a clean install but apparently not.

I have ran the ModuleInstaller.exe as Administrator but got no pop-up when FSX SE started.

How many of us had FSX installed prior to making the leap to FSX-SE? How many are coming in the future? This needs to be addressed with a step by step tutorial so we can clean FSX out of our system/registry and run ORBX software. Wouldn't you agree?

A little follow up; go to this post http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89673-temporary-workaround-for-installing-orbx-scenery-with-fsxse/

It works, The monolith is standing tall and the Object Flow issues are corrected. Keep this in mind though; always be prepared to reinstall Windows if you're going to enter the registry! Worst case, you get a fresh copy of Windows to install FSX-SE clean...

I found that if I am in FTX Global then activate Devils Tower through the FSX scenery library it does not show up. I have to shut down FSX and reapply FTX Global for it to appear. Same thing with Monument Valley and Yosemite.  Bug in FTX Central ?

Hi guys,

Always follow that procedure below or else you will suffer of trouble with ObjectFlow technologies which display some objects into the sceneries:

1- Install your FTX scenery. Don't run your sim yet or else you have some error messages like the ones in the OP.

2- Install latest ORBXlibs

3- Open FTX Central (or done automatically), select the right mode the scenery is made for (FTX Global if Devil Tower for example)

4- Click on APPLY

5- Launch your sim. Sometimes, you have popup message concerning update of ObjectFlow. Click Yes and relaunch again the after it automatically shut down once update is done.

You need to download the latest Orbxlibs located towards the bottom of the support page. This will give you the FTX central 2 Which now appears on your Desktop. Make sure you activate the Global, Then you can go back and activate NA.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried reloading it again following the steps laid out in Richards reply, after completely uninstalling it  and lo and behold there it was.  I thought I had done this same thing before when I originally installed it but apparently not.  Thanks Richard, and all others that responded, life is good again,,,,   sailbutc310

I have the same problem - both here with Devil's Tower and also with Monument Valley. One thing I noticed during the various installs of all the bits and bobs is that Orbx installs half a dozen versions of FTX central wwithout deleting irrelevant ones. Next, I do not see Monument Valley, Global or Devils Tower in any of these FTX Centrals. I know I installed them and the installers gave me "Correctly installed" messages. I can see I have some diagnostics to do, because I did (as far as I can tell) follow all the instructions.

Must have made a mistake somewhere.

Hang on... I see a possible issue inmy FTX Global download - I have the OrbxFTXGlobalBase130.exe file and then I haveFTXGlobal 2 through 10 - should there be a "1"? and just to make sure, what is the correct filesize for the download (zip)?

Hold on - I can see the original filesizes in the downloader screen from FSS

But still no change.

I use FTX Central 2 and I can select and activate either FTX Global or North America. I just do not see the rocks of Devils Tower or Monument Valley. I am on FSX normal installation and I have Pilots FSX Global installed.

Here's the list of installed Orbx Products as per FTX Centra below. I can't see where I have gone wrong, but I have somewhere. Incidentally: why make some Orbx products only work in Global mode and others only in North America mode? I mean... Devils Tower and Monument Valley are IN North America. And what about fliers who cross regions - I guess they have to shut dow FSX and activate the new region before continuing? Anyway...

Installed Orbx Products
GLOBAL
FTX Global Base Pack FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014

REGION
Northern Rockies FTX NA NRM Northern Rocky Mountains V1.00 PATCH 004 April 2014
Pacific Fjords FTX NA PFJ Pacific Fjords V1.1 Patch 004 April 2014
Pacific Northwest FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014

AIRPORT
1S2 FTX US 1S2 Darrington Muni Airport Version 1.1 - April 2011
1WA6 FTX US 1WA6 Fall City Airport Version 1.0 - August 2011
2S1 FTX US 2S1 VASHON ISLAND VERSION 1.00 - May 2010
2WA1 FTX US 2WA1 Diamond Point Airport VERSION 1.00
3W5 FTX US 3W5 Concrete AIRPORT VERSION 1.1 - April 2011
74S FTX US 74S ANACORTES AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - 13th October 2011
7S3 FTX US 7S3 STARK'S TWIN OAKS VERSION 1.00 (PATCH 002) - Jan 2011
CEJ4 FTX CAN CEJ4 CLARESHOLM INDUSTRIAL VERSION 1.00 - Released January 31, 2012
CEN4 FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD 0001
FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD 0002
FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD 0003
FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD 0004
FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD 0004a
FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD RTM A
FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - BUILD RTM B
FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.00
EDVR FTX GLOBAL EDVR RINTELN AIRPORT VERSION 1.00 - October 2014
EDVY FTX GLOBAL EDVY PORTA WESTFALICA AIRPORT VERSION 1.10 - March 2015
KHQM FTX NA KHQM BOWERMAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.0
KORS FTX US KORS Orcas Eastsound AIRPORT VERSION 1.0
PAKT FTX NA PAKT KETCHIKAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.0
WA56 FTX US WA56 ISRAEL'S FARM VERSION 1.0
WA79 FTX US WA79 WALTER SUTTON'S VERSION 1.0

OTHER
FTX Trees HD FTX TREES HD VERSION 1.00 APRIL 2015
Monument Valley FTX US MONUMENT VALLEY VERSION 1.10 - April 2015
Orbx Libraries FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 150331 31st MARCH 2015
USDT Devils Tower FTX US DEVILS TOWER VERSION 1.00 - April 2015

UNKNOWN
FTX_OLC_AA FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_EU1 FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_NA1 FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

After more reading of this and other threads.

I too have Devil's Tower and Monument Valley int the FTX_NA folder, not in the FTX_Global folder

Doesn't seem to make a difference whether I fly North america or Global in FTX Central - I still only see round mounds in the scenery. (I was going to describe exactly what they look like, but that would be too Freudian of me ;) )

Please don't tell me I must have the steam version - I am not willing to pay unnecessarily in both time and money. Nor do I want to hear that I should have read the installation instructions in the pdf file - which you don't get to see untill you have unwrapped and installed the scenery. I went by the readme to the best of my knowledge. I even restarted my PC after installation.

Frustrating! Especially as one considers the ease with which all the other sceneries installed (see my previous)

Archived