OrbxFTXPNWDemoV2, Duplicate Landclass error

Henrik Syk

Order # (FTX Global) FSS0373692

I have FTX Global and ORBX Palm Springs airport installed.

When I try to install OrbxFTXPNWDemoV2 I get the error message "Duplicate Landclass index 14 Aborting FTXCentral"

I want to buy PNW but not if it's not working.

/Henrik

Hi Henrik,

first thing to try is to install the current Orbx Libraries, available at https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs 

If that doesn't fix it then possibly your terrain.cfg file has been corrupted. Probably the easiest fix is to "refresh" it. The active terrain.cfg is located in the main FSX folder and there's a backup of the original version in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder. Make a copy of your active terrain.cfg (as a safety backup) and then overwrite it with the original version. Then you need to start and cycle FTX Central at least once between options (doesn't matter which) and press Apply to automatically re-insert the FTX custom entries.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I've done all that (I read the FAQ). No success, same error. I also bought Global Vector yesterday and installed. Got the same error but it looks like the installation was OK anyway.

I simply can't start FTX Central.

I have uploaded terrain.cfg to my Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm1786o36eycf3g/terrain.cfg?dl=0

/Henrik

Hi Henrik,

interesting, I placed your terrain.cfg into my FSX directory and FTX Central ran just fine and I could switch back and forth without errors. Also, a visual inspection of the .cfg didn't show any obvious issues. Are you using FTX Central v2? Also, FSX or P3Dv2?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger.

Latest update on the subject:

I made a fresh install of FSX and ORBX on a new Seagate Hybrid SSD/HD disk. This was planned to do but now I got a reason to go ahead earlier.

Installation:

FSX

FSX Acceleration

FTX Global

FTX Vector

Orbx Iceland demo

Orbx PNW Demo - Bang, same error

I installed FTX Central 2 - it works. I Wonder if the Iceland demo is the problem.

Strange  ???

Cheers, Henrik

I can now reproduce the error.

1) FSX Gold clean install

2) Acceleration

3 MegaSceneryEarth California south+central (but I got the error during an installation without MegaScenery installation)

3) Global base

4) Global Vector

5) FTX Palm Springs

6) Orbx PNW Demo - Bang during start of FTX Central

Starting FTX Central 2.0, no problem

/Henrik

• 4 weeks later...

Archived