REAL problems with KBZN

OLDflyboy

I have reinstalled it twice, run ORBX Lib, etc but things are worse than before.

1. Select KBZN, Gate or ramp:For 60 seconds there is a "loading scenery objects" message but load is at 0%

2. Then another 60 secs to load up to 51%

3. Now message "loading terrain data" and another 45 seconds to load.

4. Plane parked, views stop working (Opus camera), sometimes FSX stops working but will clear up if I wait.

5. Red J-3 cub appears (same plane at KJAC) and begins a pushback which never ends (at either airport)

Dunno if it is put there by ORBX or someone else.

In any event, I have managed to get only one flight to work out of KBZN sinc I bought it  last week or week before.

At the same time my FSX load time has gone from about 30 secs to almost two minutes.

Can/will someone help me fix this mess?

This is the only ORBX program that has ever given me a problem so I know there is hope to get it right.

Thanks

Neal Howard

G'day Neal,

As a basic benchmark, KBZN should be performing roughly equivalent to KPSP, and certainly a bit better than KJAC. A couple of things to try out:

1. If you have a non-SSD hard-drive, running a defrag will help the disk perform better, thereby improving loading times. 

2. Is it possible to test your performance without the Opus camera views? Ie perhaps try it with regular (default) camera views if this is possible - pardon my ignorance if not, as I don't use Opus myself. 

3. A red AI Piper Cub would indicate that you are using default or another third-party AI, as this isn't included in our FTX NA AI program. If you have our NA AI installed, there is an option in the control panel to disable the default AI traffic files if you wish, alternatively for testing purposes maybe try the airport with your AI sliders switched off. 

Perhaps a couple of screenshots might be helpful too, just to make sure there isn't any kind of clashes with another program. If you haven't done it before, instructions on how to take a screenshot can be found here

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks for the reply. All drives are SSD and I have done all the cleaning I can think of (no defrag of course)I will get a few screenshots later today.

What I do not understand however is that this occurs only at KBZN. I have KJAC, KPSP, KMRY, Skagit, Squamish, and HB Trees (also half a dozen Dreamteam sceneries}.

Is a puzzlement

G'day Neal,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. This is puzzling, as KBZN is certainly a leaner scenery load-wise than KJAC or some others. 

A couple of things to try:

1. Could you please try a benchmark test for comparison - could you please start a flight at KJAC and KBZN (default active runways to start off with) and note the difference in loading times?

For reference my load times are KBZN:26secs / KJAC:32secs

2. Could you try the same test with AI switched off and note the differences in load times?

3. Could take a couple of screenshots of KBZN (perhaps one of the terminal ramp, and one overview shot) so I can check it out? Will help identify if you have any clashing sceneries/issues. 

4. Lastly, could you take a screenshot of this rogue Red Cub for me? Whilst incidental, it sounds like it might help point to a potential issue. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived