Siletz Bay S45 Issue

andiflyit

Hi all,

at my very nice Siletz Bay addon I have the following issue:

It seems that the runway and taxiway on one half (it's the south end) does not really cover the layer below, which must be the stock PNW scenery.

While rolling over the surface it pushes the texture forward and the underlaying more simple texture appears.

Apart from this the scenery works perfect with excellent framerates.

There is no patch for Siletz Bay in the support section of the FTX site. 

Any idea?

Cheers

Andreas

Hi Alex,

here you can now see 3 shots:

S45_issue_1.jpg

The runway part of the scenery where you can see the identifier 35 will extend when the aircraft moves forward.

S45_issue_2.jpg

Looks like this from inside.

S45_issue_3.jpg

This is the other end to the north which works.

Cheers

Andreas

Thanks, Andreas.

There are a few things it could be. First go to ...Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery and look for "ADE_FTX_PNW_S45_elevation_adjustment.BGL". It should be dated around 10/18/2012. If it has a .OFF extension rename it to .BGL. Make sure FTX Central is set to Global or North America when doing so.

If that doesn't work you may have a conflicting APX file, possibly from a third party traffic utility. Run a search in your main FSX folder for "S45" and look for any files outside the ORBX folder. If you post a screenshot or list of filenames and locations I can check through it as well.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

my Siletz Bay scenery now works perfect and has a nice old and narrow taxiway. This is fun.

The reason was an outdated elevation file of the year 2009. Because of all my traffic files I have more than 1 scenery\world\scenery-folder

in my backups and must haved mixed something up. I have to check all the others as well later.

This really helped a lot, thank you very much.  ^-^

Cheers,

Andreas

Archived