YBCS Windsocks

yakyak

Hi all,

Took a flight into YBCS this morning and noticed there is no windsocks at either end of the runway or at the intersection of taxiways B and B4.  The poles are there but no windsocks. 

Does anyone see the same? 

Can it be fixed if it is like this for everyone?

FSX

No Global

FTX AU

Latest version of YBCS

All options checked in the control panel

Nick

G'day Nick,

This could be caused be a couple of issues; 

1. Make sure you have the latest ORBXlibs installed and up-to-date. 

2. Ensure you have your FSX scenery density slider maxed out. 

3. Since the windsocks are activated via our Objectflow module, any problems with this module will make them disappear. Go to your Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery  folder, and double click on ModuleInstaller.exeClick on the left button (Install Flight Simulator Modules), and select OK to confirm. When you re-boot FSX up, don't forget to press OK when the objectflow.dll security prompt comes up. 

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Just thought I'd let you know what my settings are before you ask :mellow:

Global texture resolution - Very High

Level of detail radius - Large

Mesh complexity - 100

Mesh resolution - 1m

Texture resolution - 7cm

Water effects - Low 2.x

Scenery complexity - Extremely dense

Autogen density - Normal......Tried at Extremely dense and no change

Ground scenery shadows - unchecked

Special effects detail - High

Hope you can help me out.

Nick

Thank you my friend. Good to know its not just me. Must be something other than the things I've tried already. Just checked all my other installed airports for windsocks and they appear as they should.

Jarrad,

Any thoughts thus far?

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ummm, I have never looked for the windsock. Will look later.

What version of YBCS do you have. How do I check my version? Had a look on the update page here and saw non for YBCS, so presumed no update from release date?

What version of YBCS do you have. How do I check my version? Had a look on the update page here and saw non for YBCS, so presumed no update from release date?

s/b version1.2

can check in orbx/user documents/version/ftx_au_ybcs

As Capt Sl says....V1.2 is the latest. You should find three windsocks at YBCS. They should be to the left at each end of the main runway and at the intersection of taxiways B and B4. As I said in the first post, I have no windsocks, just the upright posts which hold the windsock itself.

Nick

OK, I checked my version of YBCS on the new FTX central 2 and found the update for 1.2 from supplier, now installed.

Because I pretty well always fly PMDG or Aerosoft Airbus, I don't tend to look for or at the windsock.

I went looking for the windsocks at Cairns and they could not be found. Ummm, So, I went looking at a few ORBX airports and in ORBX Brisbane-YBBN, at first I just found some poles. Then I had a thought...Turn the wind on strong, and the windsocks appeared on the poles for YBBN. Though I must say, very basic wind socks, no white cones or circle, just a pole!!!

Anyway, I went back to YBCS and even with the wind turned high, I can find a wind sock pole between runways 30 and 33 near taxi way B4, inside a circle but no wind sock. I could not find any others any where. I even got on my trike and went all over the airport approaches.

I went to ORBX Canberra YSCB, there the wind socks are inside white cones and circles. I think one is missing?

I am curious now, so will check out all my ORBX airports and see if they are there or not and where they should be. Will report back.

YMML no wind socks

The current version of YMML is pretty old now and I suspect the focus of that scenery was not necessarily for the GA sim pilots. I suppose the only reason I notice the windsocks is that I am a "VFR pilot" IRL and even in the sim it's difficult to break the training. When I noticed the missing windsocks at YBCS I was flying a C182. To be honest I hadn't noticed previously when flying in and out in a B777.

Nick

I looked at the 5 ORBX airports I have. In each case I have turned up all complexity settings to max, set wind at 17 knots. I notice the wind socks presentation varies at the different airports when present. Some just a pole in round circle, some just a pole, some with round white cones around the pole. 

YBBN 1.21

Runway  / Position  /  Yes or No

01  / RHS    /  YES

19  / LHS    /   YES

32  / RHS   /   YES

14  / LHS   /    YES

YBCS 1.20

33  /  LHS  /  NO

15  /  LHS  /  NO

30/12  /  LHS  /  POLE ONLY NR TAXIWAY B4?

YSCB 1.11

35  /  LHS  /  YES

17  /  LHS  /  YES

30  /  LHS  /  YES

12  /  RHS /   YES

YMML - 2.0

34  /  LHS  /  NO

16  /  LHS  /  NO

27  /  LHS  /  NO

09  /  LHS  /  NO

YSCH - ? Part of AU-Gold

03  /  LHS  /  YES

21  /  LHS  /  YES

G'day Nick,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. You are indeed correct - it looks like I may have included a wrong version of the FSX windsocks file for the v1.2 RTM. No worries though - I've attached the correct version which can be downloaded and installed:

1. Download and unzip the attached file. 

2. Drop the .bgl into your Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery folder 

Note for other users: This fix is only required for FSX and therefore does not need to be added for P3D2 users.

Cheers,

Jarrad

westsim_YBCS_placement_Windsocks_FSX.zip

Archived