KSQL crash in P3D

jlaporte

Hello,

I just purchased KSQL for a little flight from KMRY to KSQL. I was disappointed that my simulator crashed as I was getting close to the airport.

Trying to figure what was going on I discover that P3D crashes if I try to load a flight at KSQL, though no problem loading one at KMRY.

The event viewer is telling me the crash is generated by g3d.dll

I looked into the forum and made sure that all my file, library etc are up to date (FTX Central 2) and I alternated between FTX global and America a few time to no avail.

Thank you for the help.

This issue has cropped up a few times and has been resolved with ensuring the latest Orbxlibs is installed and the up to date autogendescription files are present.

Confirming that you are up to date and have cycled and and importantly applied the groups, lets check the following files located in the following 2 folders:

ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na & Autogen

Please right click the following 2 files and select Properties and tell me their sizes and modified dates:

AutogenDescriptions.spbdefault.xml

Thank you for the reply Ed. Just to cover my basis I downloaded the latest library and re-installed it but the issue is still present. I also was able to start a flight in KSFO and as soon as I slew a little bit toward KSQL I'm getting the crash.

Now to answer your questions:

AutogenDescriptions.spb is 1.05 MB modified on Feb 11, 2015

default.xml is 22.2 MB modified on Feb 2, 2014

Thanks again for the help which is greatly appreciated.

Odd, the user that had the issue with it only working in Global got it resolved with ensuring the correct autogen files were present.

Could you please try this. Set FTX Central to Global and Apply.

Navigate to the ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_base folder and copy the 4 *.spb files and the default.xml to the ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na and overwrite. 

Restart FTX Central and cycle between Global and NA making sure to apply. With FTX Central set to NA, confirm that the files you had just copied are the same and present in the Autogen folder.

Fingers crossed that will solve it.

• 3 months later...

Hello

i just have the same problem and dont find the solution. i have try all what you said in the other topics but CTD

i have reinstall the scenery , the patches and  the orbx librairie. no chance

i use fstx central 2

my default xml  22755ko 03/02/2014

autogendecription .spb  1081ko 12/02/2015

roof description .sbp   163 ko29/ 09/2014

materials. sbp 89 ko  28/ 09/2014

extrusions. spb 174 ko  22/09/2014

i also use flightbeam ksfo

and win 7 64 bit

P3d accademic

help will be very appreciate

thanks so much in advance