Object Flow Update to 1.0.10.2 ?

FLighT

When I fired up FSX MS this morning a window opened telling me a new O-Flow update was available, did I want to install. I said yes and after it ran it I had to reapprove 2 dozen or so dll for older AP's. The fsx.cfg then showed 2 entries for each AP.

After installing I lost all sound, not just in fsx but even Windows startup/shutdown, and various other sounds associated with other software coming on line at FSX startup (Like UT2), etc. sounds were missing. Fortunately I had a restore point created before installing Devils Tower yesterday and a rollback fixed the issue but I'm back on the old O-Flow dll (I assume).

When I start FSX the box returns but I said no to the install after rolling back the PC to yesterday.

Anyone else experience this?

Hi  Flight

Happened to me this AM too..I got chucked out. Anyway..ditched a plane I'd just installed..thought it was that..Fired up FSX and it worked. Got to admit, I was a bit hasty with the "Allow" click..could've been anything!!  :mellow: I might try the plane again..

Raif

I've had the same thing with the Object Flow update.

The same thing with the Object Flow update .All of it. Very strange way to do an update.I could kick myself for going through with it.Did it come from FTX?

if You update the Object flow then the list of [TRUSTED] elements in the fsx.cfg is duplicated again, now the 2nd time after installing FTXC2.

I have updated this to avoid continuously to be asked again after starting FSX.

I guess all local airport sceneries, which already refer to the new master objectflow file will not be more asked to agree. I think at the end, when all Orbx airport sceneries will be controlled by the new objectflow this issue m.a. will be gone.....

Wulf

TODO, as in the status of filling out the name in this field is on the "todo" list :)

ObjectFlow updates are perfectly safe to carry out. FSX users have not had to deal with these update notices since FSX was static up until FSX:SE was released but they will be regular as SE gets updated regularly as well.

Archived