Can't install Cairns v1.2

EasyPC

I've recently reinstalled FSX on a new SSD, I've installed all my Orbx sceneries and most of the airports, however after installing Cairns v1.1 FTX Central 2 informed me there was an update which should be downloaded from my FlightSimStore account which I duly did. I used FDM to download the file and 7zip to unzip the file, however when I ran the installer (over v1.1) it started the unwrapper without asking for any validation but stuck about 3/4 of the way through and wouldn't go any further. Tried unzipping and installing again, same thing. I tried uninstalling v1.1 and then installing v1.2, again same result. I thought the download may be corrupted so downloaded again from a different server, same thing happened again. Any ideas?.

Many thanks,

Peter.

G'day Peter,

There have been other incidences of the new FSS installation wrapper "hanging" at certain points during the installation process - it has been found that leaving it to run (even for quite a long amount of time - several hours in some instances) has resulted in the completion of the installation sequence. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad,

Thanks for reply, however still no joy. I've completed installation of 30 other ORBX titles with no problems, without exception all asked for validation before the unwrapping process began. With Cairns v1.2 though, as I said in my original post, the validation step was omitted and the installer went straight to the unwrapping process where it stalled approx. 3/4 of the way through. v1.0 and patch 1.01 install with no problems

Regards,

Peter.

G'day Peter,

Flightsimstore have recently updated their digital wrapper software, this is the one that has been causing a few people such as yourself problems. Cairns V1.2 uses the new wrapper, all our older installers don't have the same infrastructure. As I mentioned, let it run for a long time (leaving it overnight might yield results), others have found that it installs eventually. Likewise, you needn't worry about the lack of validation for the new version - the FSS unwrapper software will only ask for the authorisation details for a first-time installation, any subsequent reinstalls on the same computer (including updated versions such as Cairns V1.2) will skip this part. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived