Ratio of coniferous to deciduous trees in the Appalachian mountain range USA

rcomella

This is a small nit picky thing.  I believe you have the ratio of deciduous trees to coniferuous trees backwards in the Appalachian Mountain range.  I have lived there all my life.  The correct ratio is two thirds deciduous to one third coniferuous.  Now that you have the beautiful "HD Tree" upgrade, it would be great to fly over the Allegheny or Great Smoky ranges and see the firs and spruce trees mostly on the highest mountain tops and the hardwoods most everywhere else.

Unfortunately, this ratio is controlled by the underlying landclass data. More specifically, the landclass calls for a ground texture that contains the trees and building autogen embedded.

While FTX Global base pack covers the entire globe, it does so by simply replacing the default textures... so if the default texture had the wrong ratio, so too will the FTX Global texture, simply because the underlying landclass data remains unchanged.

You could technically adjust the ratio On the texture itself, but then you would throw off the ratio in parts of the world that use the same texture (it's a "best fit" situation).

The OpenLC packages however include more varied and accurate landclass data and additional textures above and beyond those included with FTX Global. OpenLC North America is the next OpenLC release, though it is not yet ready. When it is released though, that's when the Aplachians will look like they do in real life.

Archived