Water / Land Class Anomaly FTX NA-PNW

Yardreamer

Hi Holger

Area affected FTX NA-PNW (Cords on attached screen shots #3)

I found this anomaly awhile ago but forgot to write a ticket for it. What is happening at low level the land class texture changes to water class but only in a area around where you are at the time. As you fly to the affected area all looks ok but when over top the land class as per mentioned. The area affected is the entire area within  the white circle on the screen shot although they may be more.

Yardreamer 

2015-4-21_10-45-31-942.jpg

2015-4-21_10-46-2-667.jpg

2gab.jpg  

Hi guys,

interesting that no one ever noticed this before (including myself), at least not to my knowledge. Attached below is an updated file for the local waterbodies that should fix the display issue; it belongs in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX\scenery

Let me know if that update does the trick; if yes we'll include it in the next PNW service pack.

Cheers, Holger

cvx_FTX_PNW_water_BC_East_summer.zip

Hi guys,

interesting that no one ever noticed this before (including myself), at least not to my knowledge. Attached below is an updated file for the local waterbodies that should fix the display issue; it belongs in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX\scenery

Let me know if that update does the trick; if yes we'll include it in the next PNW service pack.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger

Yes that was it...anomaly fixed and rendering correctly... Now I can start "Siva Bay"  

Regards Dreamer

interesting that no one ever noticed this before

Thanks Holger!  I think we've discovered the least visited part of Orbxland!

That fix worked for me, terrain drawn as normal now.

However, I did notice quite a FPS hit in that area, much more than, say, Nanaimo airport.  It may have been there beforehand, but I wasn't paying attention to that.  Not that I intend to visit this place again... ;)

Thanks Holger!  I think we've discovered the least visited part of Orbxland!

That fix worked for me, terrain drawn as normal now.

However, I did notice quite a FPS hit in that area, much more than, say, Nanaimo airport.  It may have been there beforehand, but I wasn't paying attention to that.  Not that I intend to visit this place again... ;)

Hey Holdger hope you see this

I thought it was my imagination but after reading this I flew back and did notice a wee bit of a hit normally I would be well into the 50's or more here but dropped into the lower 30's. Normally this would not be an issue as it is well above the 24 min BUT I plan to develop the Silva Bay area and the patch area is square in the middle so if you could look at that as well it would be appreciated. One other thing I was in the Aerosoft Beaver a low hit plane but if I went in with the Twin Otter or the Kodiak I am sure it will hit harder so this may be an issue to look at.

Dreamer

Archived