Bridport

Great shot John!

This strip brings back memories for me. It's right next to a golf course that I was playing at last year called Barnbougle Dunes. There was a pilot doing circuits in a very small aircraft, and getting close to where we were playing. Had he known how inaccurate I am with a driver in hand he might have thought twice about getting so close...  ;D

Thanks fellers.

Andrew, I know how annoying that can be when plaing golf.  We have a Butlins Holiday Camp right next door to out golf course and sometimes the have helicopter pleasure flights and that thing buzzing around all day showing the passengers the golfers really is the pits.  It gets so low sometimes, not only is the noise deafening but you simply can't play because it seems to set up a vibration.  When we complain, it stops, but then the next year and a different pilot and it all starts again.

Strangely though, on the other hand, over the years we've often had the ambulance heli landing on the course to take on people from the beach or golfers who've become ill, so its a double edged sword if you see what I mean.

John

When I worked Krigl my boss once remarked; 'The trouble with you John is you've retired already!'  I must admit, it was justified.  I had more interests outside than I did inside, so I took his word for it and retired early! ;D

And boy, was I right!!!!! ;D

John

Archived