Can someone explain FTX Aero

ojiito

I see it's 'Powered by REX', but which textures does Aero affect, and what is the relationship between it and REX4?  If I change a setting in Aero, what and where is it changing textures?  And what are Runway 18 textures?

I ask because while I messed with Aero a while back, I didn't notice what it had done, and wasn't sure if I was at an airport it affected.  But in the manual for the new Trees (yes I read the manuals, maybe I missed one for Aero) there is a section for changing the TML setting.  Is this the way to change it for the whole FSX?  When I went to change it to 2048, it asks if I want to overwrite detail1.bmp, Runway18, etc., but I'm not really sure what it'll do.

Sage words?

Here's the summary:

Aero provides a default runway texture and bump map that enhances the default runways (read: not a photoreal textured runway at payware airports).

If you install the textures from Aero and then REX, the REX textures and bitmap will be present.

If you install the textures from REX and then Aero, the Aero textures and bitmap will be present.

In other words, they both provide the same function for the runway texture and bitmap, but they will overwrite each other, so whatever you installed last will be the one present.

The TML setting affects not only what resolution texture will be installed, but what you will need your TML setting in your appropriate sim's .cfg file to be set to in order to see the texture at it's maximum resolution.

Archived