Vans RV-4 mouse click spot problems

falconrae

Hi,

I have v2.1 installed but am still having mouse click spot problems. Sometimes the mouse click spot works and then a few moments later it is gone etc. Tried moving the position within the virtual cockpit - this does not help. Sometimes changing to another view eg. spot view and then returning help but not always.

Very frustrating - any ideas what could be causing this problem or how to resolve it

Richard

My suspicions when it happens to me with this plane and the A2A aircraft occasionally are that it is too heavy a call on the machine.  

You might be able to verify that by rebooting, and then starting a flight at a simple default airport in the middle of nowhere, so the scenery load is low.  

I must admit I have been meaning to run tests myself but always seems to be something else more important at the time.

Let us know how you go.

John,

Thanks for your feedback.

To test I started the sim, following a PC restart, in Senegal at ICAO code GOTB - I have no addon scenery there except the FSGlobal, FSVector and PILOTS ultimate mesh addon. The sim started with the aircraft on the runway and the mouse click spots were not working.

Yesterday I did a flight from ENKB to ENAL with FTX NOR installed. Starting at ENKB the click spots were working, then disappeared, then came back after changing views - after takeoff they disappeared again and I could not access them for the rest of the flight (so no A/P, landing lights off etc. - was a good exercise in hindsight for maintaining heading /altitude without an A/P help for a change......)

So really not sure what the cause is.

Assuming it could be linked to machine load, what would a possible remedy be (apart from flying with joystick incl throttle + separate rudder pedals, I am not really able to enjoy the a/c)?

Kind regards,

Richard

Archived