Get Decompression error trying to install KBZN -Yellowstone

OLDflyboy

Purchased today :

Downloaded from two different servers (Global and German), both install had "decompression error" but proceeded to install if I selected SKIP or IGNORE for the problem file.
Second attempt also reported Corrupt dll.HTM file.
I opened the dll.HTM file and it is missing the entry FSX\ORBX\...NA_KBZN  PEOPLE FLOW..... unlike All yhe other ORBX airports which have a similar file.

Must I try another download? or is there a simple fix?
A download mgr (Flashget 3) was used for one dwnld and no manager was used for the other.
Any help appreciated. Bozeman looks nice but ther is no movement or people visible...aka "ghost town"

G'day Neal,

You can happily ignore the compression error prompt in the installer - it doesn't effect any components of the scenery and won't have any detrimental effect (see here for more info). 

Secondly, regarding your ObjectFlow, the use of this is at Bozeman is limited only to a few minor runway light components, so this won't be affecting your PeopleFlow. If you'd like to 100% verify that the ObjectFlow module installed correctly, you can go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBZNC\Scenery folder, and double click on ModuleInstaller.exeClick on the left button (Install Flight Simulator Modules), and select OK to confirm. When you re-boot FSX up, don't forget to press OK when the KBZN objectflow.dll security prompt comes up. 

Lastly, regarding your peopleflow - I've attached a couple of screenshots for areas that you can visit at the airport to see animated people - compare these to your setup to ensure you have everything installed OK. If you still can't see these animations on your system, check that you have your scenery density slider set to max, and that you have checked the "advanced animations" box in your settings. 

Let me know how you go,

Jarrad

VEHtS.jpg

tkMhj.jpg

ek7F3.jpg

Thank you for the response, it is much appreciated.

I still have one question though re. dll.XML:

All my ORBX airports have entries like the following

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>D:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Each ORBX Airport has a "path" line

<Path>D:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CYSE\scenery\Objectflow_CYSE.dll</Path>

<Path>D:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KMRY\scenery\ObjectFlow_KMRY.dll</Path>

<Path>D:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KJAC\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KJAC.dll</Path>

There is no entry at all for KBZN.

;

UPDATE: Ran the ModuleInstaller.exe. but got a popup telling me that the dll.XML was corrupted. So I copied the current one to a safe place and let the installer generate a new dll.XML that had ONLY the KBZN entry. I then pasted that int the saved dll.XML and put it back in the .....\roaming\...etc

Everything seems okay now except for reference to an AU_ file not found (don't recall exactly). I did find the fix for that in another thread and will see if it works next FSX session.

Anyuhow: flight from KBZN to KJAC very nice so I probably need to add the ORBX West Yellowstone airport next.

Thanks again for the help provided by so many of the ORBX users.

The only "downside" to this scenery: I am doing too much VFR and neglecting IFR. 

Archived