Error in FTX Norway and SP1

Jan Nordberg

As KAB writes in an other thread, thanks for Norway and SP1. But a few things you should know. First take away those ugly beacons, nearly none are in use here in Norway. As a few examples, at ENKJ, ENEG, ENJB, ENRN and may be at a few other small airfields, the beacons should be deleted.

Two masts at the east end of ENKJ should be removed, never been masts there, only some trees up to 40 ft. The windsocks are placed wrong.

And by the way, ENRN Rena is stricktly a military airfield, and the same goes for an other scenery showed here in your forum, ENJA Jan Mayen.

ENHN Starmoen should be changed to ENSM, new ICAO in 2010, ref Norwegian AIP.

Again thanks for bringing Norway to Your Product catalog.

Cheers, Jan Nordberg (retired from RNOAF, based at ENKJ Kjeller for the last 27 years in service)

Hi Jan,

thanks for the kind words and the issue report.

There were a couple of items on our to-do list that didn't make it into SP1 and the rotating beacons are among those. I've also added your points regarding ENKJ and ENRN.

Unfortunately, changing default ICAOs makes little sense because the default identification remains in place (they are buried deep in default files) meaning map view, GPS pages, and similar apps would then see two airports superimposed. Try it yourself in ADE, you'll see what I mean.

Cheers, Holger 

As KAB writes in an other thread, thanks for Norway and SP1. But a few things you should know. First take away those ugly beacons, nearly none are in use here in Norway. As a few examples, at ENKJ, ENEG, ENJB, ENRN and may be at a few other small airfields, the beacons should be deleted.

Two masts at the east end of ENKJ should be removed, never been masts there, only some trees up to 40 ft. The windsocks are placed wrong.

And by the way, ENRN Rena is stricktly a military airfield, and the same goes for an other scenery showed here in your forum, ENJA Jan Mayen.

ENHN Starmoen should be changed to ENSM, new ICAO in 2010, ref Norwegian AIP.

Again thanks for bringing Norway to Your Product catalog.

Cheers, Jan Nordberg (retired from RNOAF, based at ENKJ Kjeller for the last 27 years in service)

Hi Jan,

I'm interested if you can tell me more when you say strictly military about ENJA please :)

Hi Holger and Richard.

About ENJA: Up to now, the airfield have been used only for logistics flights and crew exchanges (two times a year) with C-130 from 335sqd based at Gardermoen. Of course there have been more flights if needed. The airfield would also be open for MEDVAC's and SAR operations when asked for. But there is no service facilities for "sunday fliers". So I change my "strictly military" to not open for pleasure flights. Again, if you get lost in the "ice" and need help, they will, hopefully, try to help the best they can.

About ENSM: Since I started making my freeware Norway GA Airfield, NGA for short, I've used ENSM for Starmoen, and, since ENHN then were free, I let ENHN be Haslemoen. Never had a problem with double entries till you made FTX Norway. Well, no big deal, we just made 2 batchfiles, one to rename your files for the conflicting airfields and one for resuming back if needed.

To sum it up, never two entries in the scenery library list for the same AP/AF, map showing the correct ICAOs, and my default Cessna gps let me see the same info.

I can't say for sure what tubefliers in PMDG 737/777 and something like that see, but they will never care for my 45 small airfields anyway.

Here is what I see in map view

QeIpGmY.jpg

And here is a view of my ENSM Starmoen

dzaFpM7.jpg

Both Andrew (AON) and I (NGA) try to utilize as much as possible of your otherwise excellent scenery, but, like Tore Stranden, we live here.

Archived