No buildings at KRDD

BamaKevin

I installed a couple days ago and if I load everything as normal no buildings show up. If I go to the scenery library and simply move KRDD just one spot up or down everything seems to work fine. How can I fix this? Fss367692. Also installed latest OrbxLib. Ftx central set to North America. Possible new installer needed?

I installed a couple days ago and if I load everything as normal no buildings show up. If I go to the scenery library and simply move KRDD just one spot up or down everything seems to work fine. How can I fix this? Fss367692. Also installed latest OrbxLib. Ftx central set to North America. Possible new installer needed?

using P3D v2.5 latest hotfix

Ok Jarrad I have cut back on sliders and it made no difference.  I tried downloading a new installer and still no difference.  The only way it will work is if I go to the scenery library and move KRDD either up on spot or down.  Not sure way that makes a difference. 

G'day Kevin,

No worries - next step to try; check your scenery library and ensure that the KRDD entry is sitting above your four FTX_NA_NCA entries, and that these ORBX entries are sitting above any other scenery addons. It's also a good idea to disable any other freeware/payware addon sceneries that may interfere with the Redding area - this may provide a clue as to what is causing the problem. If by chance you also run MyTrafficX, this topic may be worth a read (though the symptoms are different).

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day Kevin,

In short, it won't change until you install a new scenery package. When you apply the NA region in FTX-Central it will automatically ensure that scenery order of your ORBX products is correct - ie that KRDD will sit above the NCA entries. Where all the ORBX scenery entries sit in relation to other addon sceneries is determined by you though - have a read up on how to set your ORBX scenery insertion points here (and also here if you are using FTX-Central V2). 

Cheers,

Jarrad

That all looks fine to me. My only other suggestion at this point would be to un-install KRDD and NCA, check the default scenery to make sure everything is OK (might be worth taking a screenshot of the default airport for future reference) and re-install NCA then KRDD again. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

i have the same issue at KRDD. However, after looking into the scenery library, I noticed that the FTX AU region is right below orbxlibs while the orbx airports are situated right down after FTX AU. Is there a permanent solution for re-arranging sceneries since switching between regions will bring back the sceneries in the same order as before (orbxlibs, ftx au, orbx airports, ftx eng, ftx nca etc).

THanks!

Here is a screenshot of my scenery library in prepar3d 2.5

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7UP9fCwf9HTZGM0T2JELXNMamc&authuser=0

I'm having the exact same problem after reinstalling P3D. Everything seemed to work fine until I installed KRDD a couple days ago. I've noticed now too that the stock terminal buildings are missing from all airports now except for the control towers. Tried uninstalling both NCA and KRDD, but that didn't seem to help. Reinstalling NCA and KRDD also didn't fix the missing buildings around KRDD.

Thanks,

G'day Kevin,

Thanks for the information - that last screenshot would indicate that the problems with your Prepar3D installation are more fundamental than any specific addon, unfortunately I can't offer too many more suggestions aside from doing a complete re-install of P3D2 and being methodical in your re-introduction of new addons. 

Best of luck, sorry we weren't able to fix the issue for you. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Did a complete reinstall of everything over the weekend. Formatted my drives and reinstalled Os and P3D downloaded all new installers and OrbxLibs still KRDD is not showing up unless I move it in the scenery library with P3D.

G'day Kevin,

With this clean install, is this with only NCA, KRDD and a clean P3D2 installed? If not, what other programs have you installed? Also, are you using any particular aircraft, or does this problem present itself when using different aircraft (ie try with default aircraft if you haven't already). If still a problem, could you please post a couple of screenshots for me:

1. What KRDD looks like when you first load it up (ie broken)

2. A screenshot of your scenery library screen before and after the change that makes KRDD work properly

3. A screenshot of the working KRDD after you making the appropriate change. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I did test with just NCA and KRDD installed first before I installed all my othe Orbx stuff. The second post I made when I started this topic is how it looks now whether I load with default aircraft or pay ware like Carenado or A2A. Basically I go into the scenery library within P3D and move KRDD above Orbxlibs and it looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived