Northern California

golfguyw5

Tried today to download the SP1 update for Northern California and was unable to complete download in any of the three options.

In each instance error message stated cannot execute.  Tried three different browsers all the same.  The other updates I downloaded

went fine.

Please advise as to how I should proceed.

Dennis Burke

Hi Dennis,

I just checked all three options for the NCA SP1 pacth and they all downloaded OK for me at normal speeds. Perhaps try using a free download manager that picks up interrupted connections? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/82288-corrupt-download-cant-unzip-please-read-here/

Cheers, Holger

Holger:

Thanks for getting back to me.  I do have 7 Zip but (sorry to sound like such a dummy) how do I get from the green download button on your site to 7 zip?

I've tried   everything I could think of. No option to use anything but FTX, Google or Orbx..  Other downloads have always been no problem. This one has me stumped.

I appreciate your patience and help.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

7-zip is an unzipping tool. If you have difficulties with completing the actual downloads then you want to use a download manager. I have good experiences with both the free DownThemAll and FreeDownloadManager as they hook into your Internet browser. Once installed, when you click on any of the download links for the Orbx service packs, a pop-up window will give you options as to where you want the download to be placed etc. and then the download manager will do the rest.

It's still a bit odd that only the NCA service pack links give you trouble while others work fine. What was the specific error message?

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger:

I finally got it downloaded last night using the Orbx Cloud option.  When I had tried all three earlier, this error message popped up as a WinRAR Diagnostic message "unexpected end of archive". I could Close, Break Operation, or Copy to clipboard.

When I right clicked on the download option today,

I did get an option to use FlashGet.  For some reason, I did not have that option yesterday.  Every download was by WinRAR and each failed.

It would appear WinRAR is the problem but never having had this happen previously makes me wonder?  I have dozens of Orbx sceneries and have rarely had any problem with initial downloads or updates.

Best regards,

Dennis

Archived