Edit button

Sometime, when you are reviewing the website, what are the chances of providing an 'edit' button for the originators use only to change an entry when you discover you've made a mistake after pressing the 'submit' button?

Even though I check the 'preview' there are quite a few times when I've noticed a 'typo' or spelt something wrong or even said something I could have phrased better after the submission has been published.  There's no way to change it then and I feel like I have bitten my tongue!  :-[;D

John

PS - Sorry.  I've just found the 'modify' button here but it doesn't appear on the 'Screenshots' page.

Guest J van E

AFAIK the Modify button (which does indeed exist) is only enabled for a very short period. It will give you enough time to fix mistakes you see immediately after posting, but it won't allow for changes after a few hours or so.

Thanks J and Uhu

I was wondering why sometimes it was there and others it wasn't J.  Also, thanks for telling me Uhu I can contact the moderators in the case of a real bloomer.  I doubt that will happen as I'm not usually so opinionated that people would take offence even though sometimes I get the wrong end of the stick, but its nice to know.  Usually, its something I've been editing and mistakenly left words in that shouldn't be there or, as I said, a typo and I wouldn't want to bother the moderators for that.

All the best

John

Archived