Significant terrain and autogen issues after installing Pacific Northwest

Traeken

After installing the Pacific Northwest region today (latest download) I have the following problems when it is activated in FTX Central (both 1 and 2):

The terrain looks great for the 1st minute or so then:

1. Water textures and other inappropriate textures start loading in inappropriate places (square water textures on the sides of hills and mountain for example)

2. LOD (Level of Detail) starts to get really bad at medium to far distances with new loading/reloading closer up)

3. Over time the textures start to turn very fuzzy and low res at all distances.

4. Trees start appearing in large bodies of water.

With just Global Base and Vectors active (Pacific Northwest unselected in FTX Central)

5. Autogen Trees appearing in most airports on taxi ways and parking areas.  This includes outside the Pacific Northwest region area (my local Airports in the desert of Arizona)

Here is the sequence of my installs:

Note: I always run the latest Orbx Library install after each FTX Install)

1. FSX STEAM (clean install, the non-steam FSX never installed on this system)

2. FTX Global Base (last week)

3. FTX Global Vector (a couple of days later)

4. Sedona Airport (a non region airport)

5. Pacific Northwest region DEMO (two days ago)

Up to this point everything looks great and performs correctly (including the Pacific Northwest Demo that I spent around five hours in).  No other FSX updates between here and the next step

6. Per instructions run the uninstaller to remove the Pacific Northwest DEMO prior to installing the actual Pacific Northwest)

At this point (after the demo uninstall and before installing the paid version of Pacific Northwest) I notice the trees appearing in airports on taxi ways, etc.

7. Installed Pacific Northwest paid version with all the issues described above.

Again, I ran the latest Orbx Libary install after each step, along with FTX Central.

My settings have been per the Orbx documentation recommendation, in addition to experimenting with other settings.  I have a high end system that has done an excellent job of running FSX at the highest setting up to this point (this is true of all other games too).

Please advise.

Lee

FSS0366497 - Pacific Northwest

FSS0364141 - Global Base

Thanks very much Holger.  You have made me a very happy man.

This solved the primary issues: 1) messed up textures and other graphical issues within the active Pacific Northwest region 2) The trees on airport taxiways and parking areas regardless of the region.

Now everything looks great and performs as expected.  As a new FSXer (I had earlier versions many years agao) I am slowly learning all the tricks and tips, you have been a big help in that.

Thanks again,

Lee

Archived