Memory

Hi Guys,

Can I pick your brains please...

I am currently running FSX on an E8400 O/C to 3.60ghz with 4gb memory @800mhtz on an 9800GTX+ card and all is good...Some airports do drop the FPS to just 12-15 fps with just occasional stutters...

My question is this...

What improvements,if any would i see going to 8gb memory running at 1066mhtz..

I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit...

Thank you

Dave

Possibly minimal the amount of memory is not as critical as the ability to seek and load textures efficiently and smoothly. Having the bus speed and the memory capacity is one thing but actually getting the textures to the graphics card and processing to the screen is still going to be your bottle neck.

In other words it doesn't matter if you have 1000 Hp if your fuel flow is only good for 350 Hp.

Hi Guys,

Can I pick your brains please...

I am currently running FSX on an E8400 O/C to 3.60ghz with 4gb memory @800mhtz on an 9800GTX+ card and all is good...Some airports do drop the FPS to just 12-15 fps with just occasional stutters...

My question is this...

What improvements,if any would i see going to 8gb memory running at 1066mhtz..

I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit...

Thank you

Dave

Not sure about going to 8 gigs but I'd definitely go for at least DDR 1066 if your overclocking. I just upgraded to 1066 from 800 which has enabled me to better balance my system. TheĀ  sim seems marginally smoother.

Archived