Hardware Requirements and settings?

jlund

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I just saw a notice on AVsim about this scenery addon and had to see what the fuss was about, and WOW this is absoluteley the best looking addon I have ever seen. I have just installed GEX for the US and I just can't get it to look as the screenshots I have seen of it, so maybe my PC isn't up to the task of showing it properly. I was wondering what the specs for FTX is for getting the same quality as on your screenshots? My PC is a Intel Core 2 CPU 6420 @2.13 Ghz, 2 Gb Ram, Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS with 256MB and running at 1680x1050 on a Samsung  22" Widescreen monitor. So before buying FTX, do you think my PC is good enough to get something that resembles your screenshots and do you have any recommedations how the setup should be in my Nvidia control panel and in FSX' s settings?

I'm usually a heavy metal flyer and when you're at 30.000" it's not that important how the ground looks, but with addon's like yours I most certainly will go back to low and slow flying again and am looking forward to discovering the land down under.

Regards Jorn 

Hi Jorn,

Here's a thread with a download link for the manual, it has quite comprehensive information about setting up FSX for FTX. As a general rule of thumb I think FTX will run as well on your machine as FSX stock will, at least that seems to be the impression given by the devs over the last few weeks.

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1174.0

Oli

Archived