missing orbx\ftx_olc\olc_eu9\scenery

strykerpsg

Team,

Just did a fresh install of FSX-SE, added my Orbx regions, FS Global 2010 and REX. I went to power up FSX-SE and got various pop-ups with missing olc files. All only Europe and EU 1-9.

Here's a sample:

"Scenery.cfg file error. Local scenery directory

(ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU9\SCENERY) in scenery

Area.203 not found. Click to continue."

I installed Orbx Vector and Global Base initially. FS Global 2010 was purchased and installed afterwards, as I found McChord Field (KTCM) had some plateaus and hoped FS Global might address that issue. Sadly, it did not.

However, I am more concerned with the various pop ups of missing OLC files. They are all European olc's, so I am not sure if uninstalling and reinstalling any or all of the above will cure it. Mostly, I want the plateau gone from McChord. It wasn't present in stock FSX and I don't remember the problem existing prior to Vector, Open LC or Global Base.

I have also installed all the latest patches and the most up to date library files, including Central V2. Suggestions?

Hi Matt,

openLC Europe has four separate installers, plus the two service packs. Did you install all six of those?

Cheers, Holger

Therein lay the culprit! I started one file install, without realizing it was a set and began installing something else. I installed the remaining three and the updates and the error message is now gone. Thank you good sir for the assistance.

One question though, I still have plateaus where there were none before. Can I re-install Global base, vector and FS Global over the existing install or must I delete and start again? It would be a shame to start over again, given the amount of time and energy expended thus far. I have held off installing my cities and airports pending a deleted FSX-SE and Orbx regions option.

Archived