palm trees in england

pwright621

Hi guys, Have just purchased orbx England and I'm new to this forum. I've had trouble saving custom settings long enough for them still to be in effect by the time I got the sim running(fsx + a2a spitfire). Even though I saved them as config files some gremlin set them back again. I got the idea of doing the settings from inside the flight and that seemed to work but there's still something not quite right. The trees look about 200 feet tall and palm trees growing among them(looks distinctly like Hawaii). There are massive sandy looking flat areas with shrubs dotted in them and there are anomalous areas, are they supposed to be woodlands or towns? All in all a long way from the lovely screenshots I've seen of our green and pleasant land. Should I send some screenshots of my own in to show you what I'm getting? Thank you for your help     Paul Wright

Hi guys, If I'm not mistaken my order number appears in my profile and on this page (Purchase Order No. 361351). Some things are pin sharp like vehicles and trees but pasted on blurry backgrounds. I have included 5 screenshots to illustrate my point. 

Thank you     Paul Wright

Photo links below:-

H . I've had trouble saving custom settings long enough for them still to be in effect by the time I got the sim running(fsx + a2a spitfire). Even though I saved them as config files some gremlin set them back again

What do you mean by "custom settings" and saving them Paul ?

Hi there Bruce, thanks for the info, got it sorted now. Oh those broad sunlit uplands, I feel like singing 'Jerusalem'.

And Dominique, I set my settings in FSX under the customise button and select the scenery tab. I play about with the sliders and save the settings under a config file and by the time I've got the flight open some gremlin has reset them to default settings. I have to do the settings from within the flight now, sometimes they're saved and sometimes not. Also had an issue with the rudder not working because of the autorudder tick box being ticked after I'd unticked it. I hate things that don't stay put. Paul Wright

Archived